Park Ticket Question

disneymum2

Earning My Ears
Hello -

if I buy a 5 day one day one park ticket, can I use two tickets in one day to visit two parks?

THe reason I'm asking is that it's cheaper to buy the basic ticket for 5 days then the park hopper for 2.

THe reason I'm asking is that it's cheaper to buy the basic ticket for 5 days then the park hopper for 2.

and that is exactly the reason why it is not allowed. The only way to do it was if you had seperate 1 day admission tickets - cheaper to do the park hopper.

Sorry!

As the PP said, it doesn't work. The MYW tickets (without the hopper option) only allow access to one park per calendar day, no matter how many days you have. Here is a better explanation of the inner workings:

A. I have a base ticket for eight days, although I will only be spending six days in the Parks. The day I have for Animal Kingdom I also have a dinner reservation at Epcot. May I use one of my “extra” days for evening admission to Epcot?

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on an adult ticket, but charges $50 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

The info is from Cheshire Figment's sticky on tickets:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

As the PP said, it doesn't work. The MYW tickets (without the hopper option) only allow access to one park per calendar day, no matter how many days you have. Here is a better explanation of the inner workings:

A. I have a base ticket for eight days, although I will only be spending six days in the Parks. The day I have for Animal Kingdom I also have a dinner reservation at Epcot. May I use one of my “extra” days for evening admission to Epcot?

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on an adult ticket, but charges $50 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

The info is from Cheshire Figment's sticky on tickets:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

thanks everyone, I knew there had to be a catch to my train of thought:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter