Park ticket changes..Can someone help me?

barb383

Earning My Ears
Hi all. We have a grand gathering booked for May 7-12, 2009. It is paid in full, booked thru a travel agent. We have a 6 day park hopper but we wanted a water parks and fun option. I did not notice this (my fault I know) We have our dining booked and don't need the hopper. Can we change our tickets at check in? I tried to do it through my Travel agent and she said it would be a $50 per person change fee plus a $50 upgrade fee:scared1: I am hoping at the check in disney will just change them over...what is the chance of that? If they won't are there any discounts for a one day typhoon lagoon ticket? Thanks!

You're doing a downgrade (losing the park hopper) which they won't do at guest relations. But you're also upgrading my adding water parks so it's really questionable if guest relations will be able to meet your needs. I would just pay the change fee and the upgrade fee to be sure that I got exactly what I wanted.

Hi all. We have a grand gathering booked for May 7-12, 2009. It is paid in full, booked thru a travel agent. We have a 6 day park hopper but we wanted a water parks and fun option. I did not notice this (my fault I know) We have our dining booked and don't need the hopper. Can we change our tickets at check in? I tried to do it through my Travel agent and she said it would be a $50 per person change fee plus a $50 upgrade fee:scared1: I am hoping at the check in disney will just change them over...what is the chance of that? If they won't are there any discounts for a one day typhoon lagoon ticket? Thanks!

To upgrade a base ticket and add the park hopper feature is a flat rate of $50($53.25 with tax). Adding the water parks is another flat rate of $50. The way your TA explains it, dropping the PH and adding water parks would be $100/ ticket. That would be a foolish, because it will only cost you $50 to add the water parks to what you have.

A single day ticket to TL or BB is $42.60 for adults, and $36.21 for children if you buy it through Disney. I was not able to find them on the discounted ticket sites but maybe I didn't search correctly. If you are planning on going to the waterparks more than one day, you would be better off doing an add on.

Remember, you can also ask at Guest Relations and see if they can help you. You might just have to pay the $50 but it doesn't hurt to try.

It's possible to make the change at WDW. Check the response by Cheshire Figment's in post #12 of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2142035&highlight=ticket+upgrade

Cheshire Figment is a CM that works ticket sales/turnstile/guest services at one of the parks and he really knows everything there is to know about tickets!

ETA: I just realized that you were the OP of that thread, too! Don't sweat it and just take the tickets to Guest Services after you get to WDW. They will be able to make the change for you for no charge. It's unfortunate that your TA is either uninterested in helping you or else terribly misinformed. It certainly would be nice to take care of this prior to your arrival but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to accomplish.

mad4themouse is correct. You basically want to do an even swap... the park hopper option is $50 and the water park option is $50, so they will be able to take off the park hopper option and add the water park option for no charge.

The only thing I'll add is that you need to be sure not to use the park hopper option before you do the change. If you go to two parks in one day and use the hopper then you won't be able to take if off of your tickets. You can still add the water parks option if you want to, but it will cost you $50 per ticket.

At Typhoon we do it all the time.

We will first check the ticket to make sure that you have not gone to more than one park on one day. Then we will do a combined downgrade/upgrade and issue a new ticket for the same number of days with WPF&M instread of hopping. Since the prices are they same there is no payment involved.

Note that if you have hopped we can no longer remove the hopping.

I thought the change fee is per modification session per package, not per person.

If you modify tickets prior to arrival, all the tickets in that room package must end up the same kind.

There are certain deadlines, I think 45 days before arrival is one such, after which the change fee gets bigger.

If some discount or freebie applied to the ticket, use the ticket (at a theme park*) before making any changes.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

* After a ticket has some usage, it is valued at gate price for the purposes of upgrading. Provided the ticket already has water park fun, you can make other upgrades after entering a water park and pay just the gate price difference. Hopping is not needed to visit one theme park together with one or more water park fun locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter