Park Strategy

Duchie

"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do
We're considering traveling early- to mid-June, mid-week, staying onsite. Utilizing the early entry I assumed we should head straight to HPFJ since it does not have an express line and then work our way around to the other attractions that have express line. We've never been so I don't know if this is the best plan or not. Does everyone rush straight there so the queue gets huge right away?

We're considering traveling early- to mid-June, mid-week, staying onsite. Utilizing the early entry I assumed we should head straight to HPFJ since it does not have an express line and then work our way around to the other attractions that have express line. We've never been so I don't know if this is the best plan or not. Does everyone rush straight there so the queue gets huge right away?

If you are interested in Olivander's do that 1st. The line for Olivander's gets huge and it's slow moving, also outdoors.

We do Olivanders, FJ several times, DD, FoH, then butterbeer and shops. We usually fly thru the FJ queue the 1st time with little not no wait, then the 2nd and 3rd time thru we take our time. The queue is awesome and can take a while, especially if you want to listen to Dumbledore and Harry/Hermione/Ron's spiel. Just let other's pass you and take your time.

We also like to come back at night, WWoHP is awesome at night. This last Aug, we came back a couple hours before closing. FJ wait was under 30min, so we rode it several times. FoH has great views of WWoHP area, especially at night.

After leaving WWoHP, just your express pass for any other rides/shows that you want to see. WWoHP is the only "planning" I do for IoA, we just tour at our leisure after that.

If you are interested in Olivander's do that 1st. The line for Olivander's gets huge and it's slow moving, also outdoors.

We do Olivanders, FJ several times, DD, FoH, then butterbeer and shops. We usually fly thru the FJ queue the 1st time with little not no wait, then the 2nd and 3rd time thru we take our time. The queue is awesome and can take a while, especially if you want to listen to Dumbledore and Harry/Hermione/Ron's spiel. Just let other's pass you and take your time.

We also like to come back at night, WWoHP is awesome at night. This last Aug, we came back a couple hours before closing. FJ wait was under 30min, so we rode it several times. FoH has great views of WWoHP area, especially at night.

After leaving WWoHP, just your express pass for any other rides/shows that you want to see. WWoHP is the only "planning" I do for IoA, we just tour at our leisure after that.

That's pretty much how we're approaching it. The main draw for us is WWoHP. Of course we want to see/do other things in the parks as well, but we want to do this first.

Thanks for the tip about Olivanders. I know the kids want to go there s we'll plan on hitting it first. I like the thought that it might be less crowded in the early evening as well.

So during the early admission hour, does everone rush straight to WWoHP?

That's pretty much how we're approaching it. The main draw for us is WWoHP. Of course we want to see/do other things in the parks as well, but we want to do this first.

Thanks for the tip about Olivanders. I know the kids want to go there s we'll plan on hitting it first. I like the thought that it might be less crowded in the early evening as well.

So during the early admission hour, does everone rush straight to WWoHP?

Yes, the crowd does head straight to Potterland. Also, because during that hour, nothing else is really open, except for some of the stores and food places.

OP...since you're staying onsite, you won't really have to plan much of anything. With your unlimited Express the lines won't be an issue for you. Just go and relax and enjoy yourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter