Park shoe

Merrell Sandals for me every time....to keep them fresh I scrub them with antibacterial handwash and an old toothbrush, then leave them to dry in the sun. (Make sure you rinse well though or you get foamy feet when it rains......don't ask me how I know that......)

When I was living in Florida (I worked at Disney for a year), I basically lived in flip flops when I wasn't at work. When I head back now, I still have the same pair of flip flops, but I also have walking sandals that I've owned for years. Because I have a thing for Little Miss Matched socks, I will actually wear them with my sandals if it gets chilly (by FL standards, I mean)... however they are always knee high socks, never ankle ones. Or I just wear them with my tights (I pretty much only wear skirts).
As for rides with flip flops, if it's a ride where the feet are dangling free, I like to have bare feet to feel the breeze, so I either leave my flip flops at the loading dock, where possible, or slip them on my hands.

Do the Croc sandals have good arch support? Looking at the Cleo

I'm thinking about getting some sketchers go walks, I hear only good news about these. Supposed to be soft light as if you are just wearing socks.

My problem is finding sandals that you can get away with dresses in the parks.

I had a pair of nice Crocs last year - they were great, especially when we got caught in a summer thunderstorm and out feet all got soaked - the Crocs dried out really fast and meant that I didn't have to walk around with wet shoes!

I'm looking for another pair of Crocs for this year :) I'll probably bring my trainers as well just in case my feet hurt too much though (ultimately trainers are still most comfortable shoe for me). Although as I'm planning on wearing dresses/skirts my trainers aren't going to match!

:guilty:I'm really struggling. Go walks started off ok but the outside rim gave me blisters. Clarks walking sandals gave me blisters. Converse cut my toes at the nail bed. Crocs ( clog style) blistered on the top of my foot. Had some adara crocs years ago which were good but no longer made. Cleo crocs look nice but I have a scar on the top of my foot which is sensitive and they rub it. Birkenstocks hurt my foot arches. Can't do anything with a toe post so no flip flops. Trainers are too hot.

Think I've looked at every shoe in every shop! No idea what I am going to wear on my feet this year!

Do the Croc sandals have good arch support? Looking at the Cleo

Took the plunge and bought some croc cleo's. I'm finding the arch high. It's rubbing the sole of my foot so much I.m not sure they will be ok for me. Trying desperately to wear them in. I'd say if you like a high instep they would suit you. Don't forget to quidco them.

Charley - chuck them into the tumble drier or blast them with a hairdryer for a few minutes then put them back on. Crocs can be slightly shaped/stretched when they are warm. It might be all they need.

I've always worn either Crocs flip flops or Fit Flops and I've never had a problem with my feet and I am prone to foot problems!

Piece of advice... don't spend your very first day at a water park if you like to go barefoot. The ground is very solid, and pretty warm when dry, so your feet take quite a pounding, and will then ache for the next few days!
Yup, we made that mistake on Monday! (we're in FL atm)

Took the plunge and bought some croc cleo's. I'm finding the arch high. It's rubbing the sole of my foot so much I.m not sure they will be ok for me. Trying desperately to wear them in. I'd say if you like a high instep they would suit you. Don't forget to quidco them.

Is "quidco" like Ebates?

For years I wore the very unattractive but really comfortable sandals from Clarks. I always bought them at Premium outlets as they were always buy one get one. Only problem they would get wet on rides so I would wear them to death fro three weeks and then have to throw them away. Then they stopped doing them at Clarks over there. Still sell them here but over £50. So I switched to converse and last year I had those fit flops which were so comfortable. The converse you can wash but the fit flops looked awful after 24 days so I left them there. Looking for a reasonable priced pair for this year though.

I think I'm going to wait until we get there. Will take some sandals with me but when we went in 2013 my feet swelled up big time in the heat ( never happened before but this was June in comparison with our usual Feb holiday). Really painful and didn't go down until a week after we arrived back.

Have looked at Clarks sandals but they're £65. Don't like flip flop types but may not have an option.

Last year I took a pair of £12 F&F Active Wear trainers - they were surprising brilliant. I originally bought them for going out walking in the evenings to get ready for the parks, but they ended up being really comfortable, so I chucked them in the suitcase!

They lasted and are still going strong. Really comfy & light, and I wore them with ankle/trainer socks (again from F&F) that were described as blister resistant. Again they worked well!

With the amount of walking we usually use Sketcher go walks they have been amazing at keeping our feet feeling good throughout the trip.

I'm normally just a pair of Nike Air's type guy but do find in the last couple of years not being the most comfy. I was thinking about a pair of Sketchers for this September but see so many variants on Amazon i'm not sure what to try for?

Will probably end up with another pair of Nike's as i'm a creature of habit.

Is "quidco" like Ebates?

Yes.

I think I'm going to wait until we get there. Will take some sandals with me but when we went in 2013 my feet swelled up big time in the heat ( never happened before but this was June in comparison with our usual Feb holiday). Really painful and didn't go down until a week after we arrived back.

Be very careful about buying new shoes there and then breaking them in when you are in the parks. Crocs have served us well for years, but I always break them in at home for a couple of months and they do rub blisters initially, but once they take on the shape of your foot they are so comfortable. Take some compeed blister strips with you and keep them in your park bag in case. They also work very well. My feel also tend to swell in the heat and you are putting them through a pounding they don't take on an average day, so you need to keep that in mind.

Sketchers pumps with a cross strap work very well as an additional pair of shoes. If you are doing a lot of walking you might want to alternate the shoes you wear or change them if you take a break and go out again in the evening.

I have gone with the huarache flat in Crocs for the last few visits, though I have to say I switch it up during the holiday for night time dinner wearing a nice shoe or sandal or every other day with a cleo croc or a regular old croc if my feet are tired.
I think if I wore the same shoes for the entire visit they would eventually rub in certain places if you get me? So I find having a few pairs to swap around works for me.
Love crocs because if they get wet you can just give them a quick rub down and your good to go again :)

Not sure if it helps anyone but brantano have 40% off everything when you spend £20 and they have Skechers go walks etc on there just had a new pair for £21. They also had men's sketchers and I had a pair of kids doodles (Clarks) for £12!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter