Park shoe recommendation

i wish I could find some comfrotable shoes for a lot of walking when in the parks. My problem is my wide feet. Every time I see a pair I think would work, they never have extra-wide.

I would love to find a nice pair of comfortable sandals. I have some SAS sansals but they get uncomfrtable if ai walk in them a lot.
Have you tried the Ecco Babett style? I've seen/owned a few other brands that had a similar look, but with mixed results. Even some of the other Ecco sandal styles aren't wide enough.

What makes the Babett unique is the way all the straps adjust. As you feet swell over the course of the day, the straps can be let out.

If not Ecco, search up a specialty shoe store (ask a diabetic), a runner's shop (ask the runners you know where they shop), also try places that sell European shoes (though they can also be crazy $$$!!!!).

I went out this weekend trying on sandals. I think the Teva Verras are going to be perfect for me, seems they have great arch support. I wanted to try a couple more before buying, but so far I like them the most. Love my Teva Mush flip flops, but I don't think they would be good for all day. I will also have several pair of shoes with me because changing them up always helps so much.

You're likely in the wrong size. A properly sized walking/running shoe paired with non cotton socks should not cause blisters.

For anyone who wants to go the sneaker route, I HIGHLY suggest your local specialty running store. Not a box store like Dick's Sporting Goods or Academy. Not only can they examine your stride and gait to recommend the best shoe for your and your purposes.

Yep. I have mine done every 6 months like I said, but different shoes for walking and running. I think it has to do with very narrow feet and getting my feet wet. I love wet rides. I only have the non cotton socks. Maybe I have super sweaty feet? I completely echo your recommendation to buy your shoes at a speciality store. It made me able to do 10-12 mile hikes on both weekend days where I'd be way too blistered before.

I've never had issues in sandals all day and average over 10 a day at wdw. I walk or run 4-6 miles almost daily, so it's no big deal and my feet rarely hurt in sandals, even at the end of the day, and even if I wear a small heel in the evening. I pretty much live in heels except when working out. It could be that I simply can't feel my feet any more! Those sandals are like walking on clouds. The tiny bit of cushion must be made of rainbows and unicorn hair.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever gotten a blister from any sandals, except super high heeled, girly ones I wouldn't wear at wdw!

I also just put sunscreen on my feet to prevent burning. I put on my sunscreen before clothes since you never know what will be exposed in a particular outfit. Then before the pool and then again for the evening.

These are my favorite sandals in the parks:

http://www.crocs.com/p/womens-crocs-isabella-t-strap-sandal/202467.html

I have them in black. They are so cute and comfortable and especially great for rainy park days. I do use a little body glide on my heels to prevent blistering. So far so good.

Those ARE cute and so cheap, I could buy tons of colors! *plots*

I just bought these jellies for the pool/beach: http://www.zappos.com/p/tory-burch-...rt-royal-vintage/product/8859150/color/680235 when I bought the ones from the original post. I haven't walked around in them, but I'm concerned about not having a back. I may return them and get the Croc jellies! I love my jellies like this one http://www.zappos.com/p/mini-meliss...e-kid-clear-white/product/8630201/color/81290, and have gone through a few pairs at WDW, running around town. So good for wet park days! I need more jellies for sure.

You must have the strap too tight. The strap is velcro. Make it looser. That's why tevas are great--super adjustable. If something rubs, then just loosen it a bit.
When I loosen.it it is then too loose and still digs in. They just don't work for me like other shoes don't work for others.

I just happened to go on about a 2 mile walk in some shoes I would probably take to the park, and they are amazing! These sandals are like pillows. People ask for recommendations all the time on park shoes. No one ever posts when they find a great park shoe and these really did it for me, and were also, very reasonably priced:

http://www.zappos.com/p/sam-edelman..._content=nan&nan_pid=1859324073&ad_id=2576501

Ya'll got any new shoes that you're excited about for summer weather?

I had those sandals about 6 years ago, and while I didn't wear them at Disney, I did a long walk in Venice Beach CA, along the beach path, to the Santa Monica pier, lunch and back to the car, probably about 5 mi. Very comfortable, no issues at all. I wore this pair to Disney Springs last year, but I don't recall if I wore them in the parks. Same foot bed and soft leather upper as the Gigi. I am one to mix it up too, I'll bring 3 different sandals/flip flops to Disney. Not as fashionale as the Sam Edelman sandals, but I recently bought UGG flip flops, really comfy, and a new pair of the old standby Teva Mush.

I have those Sam Edelman sandals and love them but could not imagine wearing them to parks.

My strategy has always been to mix it up. My Teva sandals are the most comfortable and are what Im relying on to get me through DL pregnant, though they look dorky no matter what I wear them with. I had really comfortable Merrell flip flops with arch support that are also great for parks. I plan to get some Crocs for my next trip and was looking at the ones posted here (the Isabella T strap).

My sister wore Birkenstock Gizehs and liked those for the parks. I ordered a pair but couldn't get them to work well for me. I really want them to work though..

Last edited:
http://www.crocs.com/p/womens-crocs-isabella-sandal/202465.html?cgid=women-footwear&cid=6N6#start=1
http://www.fitflop.com/en/womens/wo...tflop-official-online-store/190035320829.html
http://www.birkenstock.com/us/arizona-taupe-suede/0051461-0051463-0000000.html#start=28

I alternate between crocs (for wet ride park AK), fit flop sandals and my 10 y/o birkenstock arizona to the parks. I need well arched, great cushion to last me a day and I usually have my apple watch on so I know that I'm walking 8~12 miles each day. I just hate to wear sneakers on hotter days as cannot stand when my fit get sweaty and hot. However, I do take sneakers just incase.

Those are wicked cute! Thanks for posting!
We always go in the summer and I'm getting sick of wearing just flip flops and sneakers
I'm like you where I don't get blisters unless theyre super high heels so I could definitely wear those around the parks
I'll have to look into those!
:)

I need some suggestions/ advice on heat with these choices!

I have always worn a good running shoe in the parks - but that has been DL in the winter. We are going to DW in late May. I am soooooo freaked out about the humidity and heat with my feet. For those of you who wear good support sandals - meaning they have some straps, don't they rub in the heat? Do you use body glide on ..say ..a Croc type slide? I have to have a slide - can't do the thing between my toes. Birkenstocks look like they would be a good choice for me, but I can't imagine in the heat that those straps wouldn't rub across the top of my feet in pain.

I could probably handle my sneakers with socks because I find a cotton sock comfortable.... but with water rides ... I know that is just asking for trouble.

My Keen sandals were PERFECT for my last trip to the park. Good support, toe protected, feet could breath, and dried quickly after those lovely afternoon Florida showers. Did I mention I was 7 months pregnant at the time? No backaches, no swelling and no blisters!!

I just ordered a new pair for this summer and in anticipation for my next Disney trip in November.

I need some suggestions/ advice on heat with these choices!

I have always worn a good running shoe in the parks - but that has been DL in the winter. We are going to DW in late May. I am soooooo freaked out about the humidity and heat with my feet. For those of you who wear good support sandals - meaning they have some straps, don't they rub in the heat? Do you use body glide on ..say ..a Croc type slide? I have to have a slide - can't do the thing between my toes. Birkenstocks look like they would be a good choice for me, but I can't imagine in the heat that those straps wouldn't rub across the top of my feet in pain.

I could probably handle my sneakers with socks because I find a cotton sock comfortable.... but with water rides ... I know that is just asking for trouble.

i do bring my trusty birks to the world, but i've found running shoes perfectly comfortable in May in the past. i do have to make sure to bring socks that are slightly bigger--with the humidity and a long flight, my feet are a bit too swollen for tight performance running socks with stiff elastic. but another option: bring a pair of cheap flip flops and just slip them on before water rides. you'll keep your runners from a soaking. i know that isn't the advice you're asking for, but it's something to consider :)

My running sneakers and a good pair of socks, sometimes I'll bring a fresh pair of socks to switch into mid day. I know it sounds strange but a thin coat of vaseline on your feet helps with friction or butt chamois!

Another non-sneaker wearer here!

I substitute wearing sports sandals for sneakers, and I swear by my Merrell's and my BIO Ecco sandals.

But I just bought these BareTraps sandals, and while I'm not planning on any park trips this year, they are super comfortable!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031SI852/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking forward to seeing other suggestions as I'd love to stock up on different styles and colors!

Being a baseball family, Boombah is a brand we buy lots of gear from. I purchased a pair of their knit training shoes for our trip this past February. They were great! Lightweight, breathable, and comfy. Price is right also at $50. They have them in both men's and women's styles. I brought another pair of Nike running shoes for our 4 day trip and ending up wearing the Boombah each day.

http://www.boombah.com/us/product.html?class=2337&item=174010

http://www.boombah.com/us/product.html?class=2338&item=180706

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter