Park rules - selfie sticks

I wish I had the picture i took from out last Disney trip, We were trying to watch the electric Parade and off course the place was packed. I took a picture of the crowd in front of us -- There were probably 50 selfie sticks being held of to record the parade, all of them (and the iPads too) had the screens shining back at us. You couldn't see anything. I'm perfectly okay with arriving late and watching from the back, but when they lift up their cameras 8-10 feet off the ground and block the view, it's gone too far. I'm leaving TONIGHT for Disneyworld and I'm hoping for a much better visitor experience with the new policy.

If you still plan to take a lot of selfies, just get a clip on wide angle lens for your front camera. I think they're better than the sticks as can still.have good control on your phone plus get a lot more in. Don't have to have everyone lean in and can be super quick about it.

A woman was injured just a few weeks ago at our local Six Flags on a large coaster, an item flew back and hit her in the mouth (lost teeth, needs dental surgery and needed stitches). It was assumed to be a selfie stick or even a phone, either way it was clearly something that was dropped by another coaster rider. It is just too dangerous, on top of being annoying to others.

because idiots were using them on the rides, even after they had been warned not to. It only took a few times of having a ride shut down because somebody extended a stick far enough to trigger the sensors.

I love that Disney did this and that others are following suit. Disney is one place where I feel I can almost always count on someone being happy to take a photo for me and also (maybe wrongly) trust that my phone or camera is less likely to run off with someone who doesn't have the best intentions. I have pretty long arms so I definitely take some selfies when it's safe to do so meaning no crowd around I might unintentionally swing my arm into but I think this ban is genius. I think of it like the people I see in my city who carry super large golf umbrellas and then swing them parallel to the ground, almost stabbing innocent people behind them with the metal point!

I do believe that as a PP said, the small handheld monopods (I think they're called) which do not extend and are of a usually short handle are still allowed but don't take that as gospel as I haven't researched it in a while.

I think the Self Stick fad is dying out - it was really obnoxious and stupid.

People again ruin everything - why do you need to put your stick in the air to film fireworks to obstruct everyone else? Why would you feel the need to place your stick in front of you for a ride that can harm others? Why do you need to stick your self stick at the pre-ride videos so no one else can see them?

Again - it's not the sticks its the inconsiderate people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter