• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Reservations Dropping Off?

meremac

DIS Veteran
A client just forwarded me an e-mail she got from Disney saying that one or more of her park reservations were cancelled because of a change in their park passes. Only we didn't change their park passes at all, and my client hasn't even logged into her account for awhile. I logged in to see what was going on and I can't figure it out. Everyone in their group has 4-day tickets, and those are still showing in their MDE account. But still, some (but not all) of the park reservations for two of the people in their group had indeed been cancelled. I was able to get them back easily, but I'm concerned it will happen again. Is this happening to anyone else?

I have the opposite situation for my upcoming trip. We are a family of 3 and have 4 days of reservations that I made. Not sure exactly when it happened, but now, two of the days, we each have 2 reservations listed for each of us for that park, and on the other two, we have 3 reservations. So it’s like my family of 3 is really counting as 9 reservations for that day at MK.

I have the opposite situation for my upcoming trip. We are a family of 3 and have 4 days of reservations that I made. Not sure exactly when it happened, but now, two of the days, we each have 2 reservations listed for each of us for that park, and on the other two, we have 3 reservations. So it’s like my family of 3 is really counting as 9 reservations for that day at MK.
Did this just happen recently?

I received this from my travel agent this morning.

" Disney recently updated its computer systems, and as a result park reservations are being randomly cancelled in your My Disney Experience. This seems to be happening when any modifications and/or payments are made to your reservation. However, it is randomly happening as well. "

I received this from my travel agent this morning.

" Disney recently updated its computer systems, and as a result park reservations are being randomly cancelled in your My Disney Experience. This seems to be happening when any modifications and/or payments are made to your reservation. However, it is randomly happening as well. "
Thanks! I called the Disney TA line this afternoon, but the CM I spoke to had no idea what was going on and said they'd received no reports of anything like what I was describing. I had a feeling that wasn't true...

It's likely related to the recently added ability to modify your park reservations (so you don't have to cancel park A, then reserve park B, and risk ending up with nothing because somebody grabbed the last reservations before you finished). In theory, this was an improvement but had the side effect that everyone in your party now has individual park reservations for each day. (So before you had a reservation for a party of 4 at MK for a certain day, now you have four individual reservations for that day. So if you want to modify, you actually have to modify all 4 reservations!)

I made a payment to my Nov. trip on Monday and just received 22 emails regarding each cancelled reservation. Thank goodness I know this is a thing or my head would have exploded.
Just another day in the wonderful world of Disney IT. It's not like they're one of the richest companies in the world or anything.
I'll never understand this at all.

I made a payment to my Nov. trip on Monday and just received 22 emails regarding each cancelled reservation. Thank goodness I know this is a thing or my head would have exploded.
Just another day in the wonderful world of Disney IT. It's not like they're one of the richest companies in the world or anything.
I'll never understand this at all.
Wow. Did you make the payment online?
I am about to make a payment on my December trip and now I am worried.

So I modified some reservations the other day, and now they all actually show up on the app. When I did the modifications, it must have "refreshed" the fields in the app. I made a payment today without a problem.

So I modified some reservations the other day, and now they all actually show up on the app. When I did the modifications, it must have "refreshed" the fields in the app. I made a payment today without a problem.
Good to know, thank you.
All mine are still there.
But since this thread started, I have been watching them.
There are two of us in our family. Before the site made the changes to the system that the prior poster mentioned, it shows in the MDE that we had Park Pass for 2 guests. Then the changes were made so you you could modify individual park passes and when they did that, I noticed in the MDE app that it had changed it to show each park pass for each of us separately.
But just a few days ago, it switched back to showing it again as Park Passes for 2 guests.
We have not made any changes to our park passes or reservation. Everything is still there, but I thought it was odd that it switched how they were displayed in MDE app and now it is back to how it was before there were any changes.

My Disney TA made the payment for me.
I wasn't concerned about the cancellations as we're still over a month out but if we were leaving within days and that had happened I would have been super steamed, especially if some of the park days were "sold out".

We are going for 2 weeks so we have a package with a 10 day hopper and we bought an additional 3 day hopper each, it was just the package reservations that were cancelled which I found weird but nothing about Disney IT makes sense IMO.

My Disney TA made the payment for me.
I wasn't concerned about the cancellations as we're still over a month out but if we were leaving within days and that had happened I would have been super steamed, especially if some of the park days were "sold out".

We are going for 2 weeks so we have a package with a 10 day hopper and we bought an additional 3 day hopper each, it was just the package reservations that were cancelled which I found weird but nothing about Disney IT makes sense IMO.
Good to know. Mine is a package as well. We booked the hotel and tickets when you could add Genie Plus to every day of your park visits. We have 8 day park tickets with genie Plus and we have all our dates booked. They really need to get this issue fixed. 😒

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter