Park pass strategies

Princess Tess

Mouseketeer
There have been so many changes to purchasing tickets I feel like I need to start from scratch and "re research" how to get the best deals. AAA supposedly has discount tix but I just compared 3 day hopper passes between WDW and AAA and AAA only beat the price by $1!
We just booked a spur of the moment trip down in a couple weeks and I want to get a 3 day hopper pass for myself and hubby.
Are there any strategies to getting a good deal these days?
Any input appreciated!
~PT

If you look at UT, I believe the price includes tax. Disney prices do not. So the savings is a little better than you might think. Also, sign up for the mousesavers newsletter and use the link in the newsletter. It saves a few more dollars

I also think that the fewer days you want to purchase, the smaller the discount. On UT's website, they actually list what your savings is off the gate price, and certainly the greatest discounts are on the longer stays.

ETA: Since you can't purchase UT tickets with Disney GCs, you should also compare their savings vs. purchasing Disney GCs with the 5% discount using the Target Redcard and purchasing your tix directly from Disney.

Another edit: Based on my quick math, it is actually less expensive to take advantage of the 5% over UT! I wish I had done the math before I bought my last ticket!!!

Last edited:
I also think that the fewer days you want to purchase, the smaller the discount. On UT's website, they actually list what your savings is off the gate price, and certainly the greatest discounts are on the longer stays.

ETA: Since you can't purchase UT tickets with Disney GCs, you should also compare their savings vs. purchasing Disney GCs with the 5% discount using the Target Redcard and purchasing your tix directly from Disney.

Another edit: Based on my quick math, it is actually less expensive to take advantage of the 5% over UT! I wish I had done the math before I bought my last ticket!!!

This is interesting - if you get a 3 day (hopper) pass it's cheaper with GC (Target) via WDW but if you get the 3 day plus a day (they don't call it a 4 day) via UT then that is cheaper than GC (Target) via WDW.
GRnMtnMan - looks like tix from that site are more expensive - at the moment anyway.
I think the moral of this story is that you really need to do your research on this moving target! LOL

Not sure what price was, but check out the limited time 4day magic ticket....Undercover Tourist has them.

My Dad and an are going over Feb. school vacation and I think I will get these since we don't park hop anyway and only want one day in each park this trip.

Hope this helps!

I was pricing out tix recently between Disney (using GC's purchased at Target to get the 5% off), AAA, UT, and Working Advantage. For the tix we were looking at it was cheaper buying through Disney. But I have also seen when it's cheaper to buy through UT or AAA. You have to do your homework as there is no one best to buy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter