Park openings

graceclaire925

Earning My Ears
can someone tell me how and where to go regarding park opening and security...its early entry for ca but we don't have ee. It is an 8am opening (7am ee) and we will probably be there by 6:30-7am at dd parking lot. Is dd open earlier than 7? Is there a gate that's better to go to and should I wait by security instead of the gate? Trying to maximize rope drop. Tia

Once you park follow the people to the Esplanade. Both ends of the Esplanade have green tents for the security CM to check personal items.
Once through, go to the gates of the park you plan to visit first.
Do your waiting in front of the parks entry gate.

If it's EE for DCA there will be gates open for hotel guest to enter.
If your plan is DCA, there will be gates where lines will be forming for the 8am opening.

There are signs above the gates indicating EE/regular opening so you'll know which line to get in.

Geemo

Thank you. So I can go through security even if I'm not ee? And we won't have bags, does that matter?

Thank you. So I can go through security even if I'm not ee? And we won't have bags, does that matter?
EE/MM doesn't make a difference for the security check tents.
The last time I was there all security lines were the same regardless of bags or no bags.
No bags will make it fast for you once you reach the front of the line.

It would be nice if there was a "NO" bag line, even just one.....

Geemo

EE/MM doesn't make a difference for the security check tents.
The last time I was there all security lines were the same regardless of bags or no bags.
No bags will make it fast for you once you reach the front of the line.

It would be nice if there was a "NO" bag line, even just one.....

Geemo

I thought of this before too but you know what would happen? People would get in that line even though they "just have one small bag" and then it would be too much work to police. I think if you are going to DLR and headed through Security you'd best have your 'count to ten hat' on - as it can be slow and you can have idiots in front of you trying to bring in all kinds of stuff and 16 different bags to sort through - even when everyone in your party has one small bag.

That was my biggest complaint at DLR. If WDW can do no bag lines with the larger numbers that they see everyday then DLR should be able to do it as well.

I also don't get DLR's EMH policies.

When I was there every line said either Open or Closed. No difference. They were letting everyone in. I even kind of stood to the side and let onsite go ahead of me as all the lines were the same but the CM at the gate was like go through and reaching for my ticket. Don't know if it was Pixie Dust or not but I verbally stated that I was not an onsite guest and was waiting and they were like doesn't matter they check at the rides.....but again I stood off to the side at RSR and the CMs were like no it's okay go on.

So I'm really confused as to how that works.

That was my biggest complaint at DLR. If WDW can do no bag lines with the larger numbers that they see everyday then DLR should be able to do it as well.

I also don't get DLR's EMH policies.

When I was there every line said either Open or Closed. No difference. They were letting everyone in. I even kind of stood to the side and let onsite go ahead of me as all the lines were the same but the CM at the gate was like go through and reaching for my ticket. Don't know if it was Pixie Dust or not but I verbally stated that I was not an onsite guest and was waiting and they were like doesn't matter they check at the rides.....but again I stood off to the side at RSR and the CMs were like no it's okay go on.

So I'm really confused as to how that works.
Wait so even though you didn't have ee they let you in??? Has this happened to anyone else?

When we did EE at DL we saw the general admission guests being held around the hub near Tomorrowland, which is one of the areas open for EE. In DL, only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for EE. DCA is harder to follow for me, and I'm still not sure what is open during their EE! Seems like they would have a procedure to hold back general admission crowds, too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter