park opening times question...

O&PsDad

Earning My Ears
We are visiting WDW next week staying at BWV and SSR. My question is about published park times during this week: if for example, MK publishes a 9am opening time - can we get into the park earlier, and will rides be operating? How does one find out if the opening time is different than a published time for a particular park on a particular day? Thanks.

Been a while since I went that early but assume system has not changed: to get to rides/attractions before opening time, the only option is when the particular park has the Extra Magic Hour in the morning, and they publish which park has that for each day on Disney's site. Otherwise, you get limited access before opening, e.g., to Main Street and its stores at MK but ropes blocking off access to rest of park (the lands) do not drop until park opening time or, if you have an early breakfast time (such as at the castle), you are allowed to go to the applicable restaurant.

The EMH time are on the website . You can also get park guides from the front desk at the resorts.

If there are morning extra magic hours for a park you can get in earlier and selected rides will be operating. Ask at the time you check in to be sure you get a time schedule for the time you will be there. Everyone in your party will need to have their room key with them to do this.

If there are morning extra magic hours for a park you can get in earlier and selected rides will be operating. Ask at the time you check in to be sure you get a time schedule for the time you will be there. Everyone in your party will need to have their room key with them to do this.

And, if you have an iPhone, you can download a free app "WDW Park Hours" which has the EMM, EME, and regular park hours, in addition to the times for Park events. Very, very handy for a free app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter