Park levels at reduced capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDalt

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what level(1-10) that the parks would be considered during the reduced capacity? I know its difficult to make any predictions during this unprecedented time. I was just wondering what level a 25-35% capacity would correlate to on the scale that the "experts" use. Thanks for any information.

I read on another thread that they're going by fire marshall reduced capacity and that since the parks rarely reach 50% of that capacity, 30% capacity wouldn't be too much of a difference. But right now, no one really knows. I honestly haven't heard of anyone not getting their park reservations as of yet (except for early opening dates of HS). But this can all change on Friday when AP's can reserve park passes since right now is just for resort guests with tickets, and then again on the 28th when all existing ticket holders are able to make their reservations.

There's really not an answer to that question because crowd calendars aren't formulated solely on number of bodies in the park. IIRC the Touring plans calendars base their algorithm on wait times on rides as one example. I expect that while parks are at the lowest capacity, they would correlate to the lowest levels on any crowd calendar, but this process is pretty unprecedented and we aren't privy to what the "hard stop" number is for attendance....so we are kind of in the dark as to how that correlates to old crowd calendars.

Disney doesn't release numbers
I'll close this one to avoid confusion. You can discuss this issue in the main covid thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter