• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hours change, I should have slept in 173 days ago

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
Being the kind of person who truly enjoys planning, I scored the BoG reservation at 8:10AM on a day the park opens at 9AM. I felt so triumphant, I would be able to enjoy a yummy breakfast, and then maybe, just maybe, hit up the Mine Train before the park opens.

I've already eaten there, and the poached eggs open faced with tomato and bacon were divine. I was so looking forward to a repeat of that.

And those stinkers changed the time, meaning that my leisurely meal is now scheduled right when the park opens and therefore lines are potentially the shortest. I love food, but not enough to cost me line time. So, alas, we will cancel this coveted BoG reservation, as it is no longer before the park opens. I know it happens all the time, and I'm so glad I checked the operating hours to know this ahead of time. What a bummer it would have been to enter with the masses when I thought I would be getting into the park early and could enjoy a nice meal.

Oh Disney, how you thwart me.

I have been there too. It was in 2013, before BOG breakfast, so our reservation was at CP. Hours changed. I ended up being able to snag an early reservation for a different day, but it meant A LOT of rearranging (luckily, it was still during legacy FP's).

One other time on our 2015 trip, all worked out again for a CP pre-park opening, and ALL I wanted was a nearly-empty picture of our family in front of the castle. AND IT RAINED, as in POURED, that morning. Photo pass photographers were not even out taking pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter