Park hopping: How many parks have you done in 1 day?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
I know the norm is generally 2 parks in a day; one in the morning and one in the evening. I have a trip coming up and Magic Kingdom is open until 1am one night. However it is predicted as a 'red' park on easywdw.

So my plan was to do Animal Kingdom in the morning for a few hours, the hop over to Hollywood Studios until it closes. Then head over to Magic Kingdom.

So my question is, have you ever done anything similar? Do you have experience with late EMH?

Couple things:
We do have a car, we won't necessarily drive it all the time, but we will have one.
Since we do have park hoppers, we can go to parks multiple times, so if we only spend a few hours there or don't get to do certain attractions, that's okay

The most I've done is three parks. AK for the opening, Epcot for lunch and afternoon, and MK for the evening.

DW and I have visited all 4 WDW theme parks in one day. We decided to do it as a challenge one day by visiting each park and experiencing two rides/attractions in each. We also included using as many types of transportation as possible during our travels (bus, monorail, motor launch, ferry, tram...). I know this isn't quite what you were getting at, but it was fun.

early at AK, bus to Epcot for lunch & stroll around WS, boat to DHS for dinner and Fantasmic and bus to CR & a quick hoof to MK for MSEP & Wishes.

My DBr was impressed with my transportations skills. I would not do this on a regular basis but it was fun to try!!

We are typically two park people, a morning park, break for naps or swimming, and dinner at a park or nearby resort and then go to that park for the evening...

However this year we had two dinners we wanted to do at Epcot on a 6 night stay, and wanted an evening at Hollywood studios, so we are going to dinner at Japan and heading out the international gateway exit and onto the boat and on to HS for Osborne lights and the late fantasmic show, and then my DBIL and I will stay for EMH!

So basically the same thing... :)

We did three parks a couple times. AK, Epcot, and end the day at MK.

Years ago we did a Grand Tour on our last day, hitting all 4. No more, too much time lost to travel and lines were horrible at the later parks. Only 3 would make sense to us now, some early park at ropedrop, on to WS around noon then perhaps a third park in the PM for a parade or show.

Bill From PA

Last week I did three in one day. MK in the morning, AK in the afternoon and then evening at Epcot with extra magic hours. We didn't have a hugely ambitious attraction list... it was the last day of out trip and we wanted to get in "one last tine" on our favorites in all three parks. It was a tiring day, but lots if fun! We saved our FP+ for Epcot, where extra magic hours had it pretty crowded, and didn't need them anywhere else anyway. Used Disney transportation the whole trip, and it worked out fine.

We never did more than 3. And that was only because we did one park at opening, switched to another in the mid afternoon and then sometimes went to Epcot for Illuminations, making that the third hop. Wore me out. And we didn't do more than 2 when the boys went with us.
Never felt a need to cram in that much and the transportation between parks and/or resort takes longer than you think sometimes. Especially when the parks are super crowded.
I will say that when one park got crazy crowded, we were more likely to head somewhere else -- using Disney transportation.

We've done all 4 in 1 day. We started at AK, moved to DHS, Epcot and finished at MK. We did not do any shows. On the remaining days we slowed down and did all of the rides and shows at each park before park hopping to another park opened later.

We did all four in one day (having a car was really helpful and cut down on transportation time between parks).

I've done the 4 Disney parks in one day but I'm more impressed when I left my Miami house at 5am,drove to Busch Gardens in Tampa staying there until about noon to then drive to Sea World in Orlando.Stayed there from about 1pm to 3:30 or so,then drove over to Universal to do both Universal parks,Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure until about 9pm,then left to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich.The distance and transportation between the 4 Disney parks is easy and short when compared to the other trip.

We've been to 3 different parks in 1 day, but 4 separate park journeys in the same day. We started off in the MK, then rode and ate in EPCOT, then hightailed it to AK for multiple rides on EE before the park closed for the night, then we went back to the MK for more rides, parade and fireworks. The joys of park hopping! (pre-FP+ days)

We've done all 4 several times. 3 is pretty much standard. If we're really enjoying ourselves and it's not really crowded, we'll do the more typical 2 in a day.

We drive and that matters. We don't lose as much time because we have our own transportation.

And the journey begins yet again in ernest in just 2 days. Yea! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter