Park hoppers worth it?

Even when park hopping was included, I rarely hopped parks. When it became an extra cost I never opted to get it and I really haven't missed it. We just stick to one park per day. Hopping parks takes time and energy away from prime park touring time, IMO, with little benifit.

Depends on the trip. Normally no, I think it's a waste and I have no problem doing one park per day. If we are done in a park, we'll go back to the room for a nap/swim or DTD, then go to the same park for evening entertainment. It just requires a little more planning for dining/emh/parades, which I love doing anyways.

This upcoming trip I'm going with my BFF for a few days and since it's during F/G festival, we'll probably get them since we'll probably want to be in Epcot more often, plus it's only one ticket I would need to upgrade, not 4.

I'm hoping to surprise DS with a short trip for his birthday. If it works out, we'll be there for 4-5 days at the beginning of August and staying at POP. The major thing I'm stuck on is whether or not to get park hoppers. If I don't get them, I'll be saving about $120, which could be a large chunk of our food budget. I'm just wondering if I'll regret being stuck in one park each day. Thoughts?

We do not use park hoppers and do not miss them. We find AK and HS to 3/4 day parks so on those days we either go back to the hotel to swim, nap, go to bed early (earlier i should say) or go to DTD.

The other two parks we do 2 days at because there is so much to do so we do not feel bad about returning to the same park on the same day. We also use the park hour schedule to plan our days and reservations.

Hopping seemed to take about 1 1/2 for transport each way and that was just too much time for us to waste just to hop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For us, it was worth it. We liked the flexibility of not being too scheduled. In addition, our resort was within walking distance to Epcot. It was nice we could just walk over for a character breakfast, spend the day in MK, then go back for fireworks in the evening. We also took advantage of the EMH and would head there after being in another park all day

I have gotten the park hopper each time we visit. We like AK but only for about half a day, same with HS. And although when doing the other 2 parks we would like to spend a whole day there, we still like to break them up a bit. Also we love dining in Epcot and this year we are planning on attending the F&WF which means we will prob go back there quite a bit.

I do agree with other PP who have said it really depends on the age of your DS. My DD is now 22 so its far easier to park hop than with a 5 year old. Also it depends on your travel style and how many times you have been there before. If you like to do all the rides and see everything in the park, you prob wont use the hopper much. And if its your first trip there you will prob want to do everything!! However if its your 5th trip, you prob already know what you want to do and "exploring" the park, isn't really that necessary. Also if you are staying onsite, then the transportation is free so there is no parking or distance fees to worry about.

Hope you enjoy your trip!!! :cool1:

You might as well not get the park hopper, and then add it if you decide to park hop. But, we go in August and like going to one park in the morning, go back to the hotel in the afternoon, and then park hop in the evening. It's just what we do do. For example, we might go to MK in the morning, and then get a little dressed up for a Fantasmic Show over at HS in the evening.

We wait until we see if we actually need them. You just add them to your ticket at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter