• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park hopper solo

Dezandthebeast

Earning My Ears
Without feeling completely rushed do u think getting the park hopper on a solo trip is it worth it? I've always gotten the park hopper but we end up never using it but that's with a group of people and something always happens lol

I used a leftover non-expiring park hopper ticket on my solo trip and got very good use out of it. 4 parks in 1 day.

My first thought was to go to Epcot and enjoy WS without anyone being bored of looking through the stores, or watching the movies. Then it dawned on my that I had park hoppers why not use them!
I made a list of the ride/shows that my family normally doesn't want to do and made those my goals.

I always have a park hopper, even if I don't use it every day. I like eating at Epcot and will end up there multiple days in a trip after starting RD at another park. I also like having the ability to hop among parks on my last day and hit things I missed earlier or want to do over again.

I've done three solos and had PH's every time. When it's just me, I can go where I want on a whim, and I just like the hopping feature anyway. Being by myself, I've never felt rushed.

Wow fantastic advice ! I'm sold lol I'v been to Disney plenty of times and have yet to see fireworks at magic kingdom so I'm hoping this time I will park hop my way over therr

Wow fantastic advice ! I'm sold lol I'v been to Disney plenty of times and have yet to see fireworks at magic kingdom so I'm hoping this time I will park hop my way over therr
I'm going to do that too!! We hardly ever make it to fireworks .... There's always someone who's too tired. This time it's just me so I can just hop
over there!

I find it easier to park hop solo than it is with family in tow.

I generally do a solo trip of about 5 days in the spring and I've always purchased a park hopper (or AP). A few things I've done:
- two night time shows (maybe early Fantasmic, then late Wishes)
- Illuminations, then walk/boat/drive to DHS for late Fantasmic
- AK morning/early PM, then another park later
- DHS partial day

What you could do, is not get a park hopper, then if you decide you want it, you could always upgrade it at Guest Relations.

I find it easier to park hop solo than it is with family in tow.

I generally do a solo trip of about 5 days in the spring and I've always purchased a park hopper (or AP). A few things I've done:
- two night time shows (maybe early Fantasmic, then late Wishes)
- Illuminations, then walk/boat/drive to DHS for late Fantasmic
- AK morning/early PM, then another park later
- DHS partial day

What you could do, is not get a park hopper, then if you decide you want it, you could always upgrade it at Guest Relations.

I might do that so in case I over estimate myself

I'm solo and looking forward to flitting around as the mood takes me.
Fist day, hopefully, will be the four parks in one day...just because..why not ?

I've decided to defiantly get it I only have two days by myself the rest are with family and we're not spending any nights there. My game plan is animal kingdom in the morning back to hotel than 530 sister hazel at epcot 8 PM Fantasmic and 10 pm fireworks at magic kingdom fingers crossed lol

I've decided to defiantly get it I only have two days by myself the rest are with family and we're not spending any nights there. My game plan is animal kingdom in the morning back to hotel than 530 sister hazel at epcot 8 PM Fantasmic and 10 pm fireworks at magic kingdom fingers crossed lol

And that sounds like a typical solo day. (Except for the sister Hazel part) Have fun!

I always have a park hopper, even if I don't use it every day. I like eating at Epcot and will end up there multiple days in a trip after starting RD at another park. I also like having the ability to hop among parks on my last day and hit things I missed earlier or want to do over again.

Agree! I go solo 99% of the time and I always have the park hopper. I like eating at Epcot, especially during Food and Wine. Plus I am a Toy Story Midway Mania fiend so I often start my day at DHS.

I like to visit one park in the morning, and another one in the evening, and the option of changing parks on a whim. Once planned to spend the evening at MK, but it was so crowded I went over to EP instead.

I almost didn't go with Park Hopper for my solo trip, but I'm glad I did. After booking my tour and dinner show; I wouldn't be able to see Wishes if I didn't do Park Hopper.

I go solo most times and always get hoppers. On my upcoming trip, since I am at YC and going for F and W I will spend the day in one park the hop back to Epcot for dinner and walk out to my hotel. It makes dining reservations easier as I can do whatever park I want and then eat elsewhere. Plus I cannot imagine being stuck with HS as my one park for a whole day.

I found park hoppers especially helpful on my AK and HS (non fantasmic days). I always end up in Epcot for some reason :rotfl2:

I found park hoppers especially helpful on my AK and HS (non fantasmic days). I always end up in Epcot for some reason :rotfl2:

Indeed! Epcot is my reliable evening provider of Illuminations, food, and libations.

Park hopping is awesome. I won't ever buy a ticket without it!

I'm here now and constantly hopping...yesterday just to Epcot for tea at Seasons...and this morning at Animal Kingdom back to my hotel for swim time and now off to Magic Kingdom for the lights and Wishes fireworks..having said that the U.K has the Hopper as standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter