Park Hopper for One Day

ginny65

DIS Veteran
So far, we are just going to AK one day (with a one-day ticket) mid-week in May. We are doing a much more relaxed trip this year, relaxing by the pool, sleeping in, etc.

Do you think it would be worth it to go ahead and get a parkhopper added and go to DHS that evening (which is NOT extra hours)? We would want to try to get a 4th FP+ (as soon as we use our 3rd FP+ at AK) for either RocknRoller Coaster or ToT, and then possibly a 5th FP+ for the other. If we can't get either, we will just stand in line. And then hopefully do Fantasmic. We've actually never had to get a FP+ for Fantasmic in May before so I'm hoping that will still be the case. We usually just get in line early.

Just wondering if it is worth the extra $70 +/_ per person to go to DHS. We just love those three attractions and the atmosphere of DHS. Still can't believe they took Great Movie Ride away! :(

Hard to answer. Worth would vary from person to person. If you're comfortable paying for it, love to ride RnR and ToT, and want to see Fantasmic then go for it! If you're able to schedule your fast passes at AK as early in the day as possible, you'll probably have better luck getting FP at Hollywood.

Obviously whether or not it is worth it is up to you. You are exactly right: it is an extra $70 per person for those extra few rides. Plus don’t forget about the additional rides that you could have ridden at AK if you didn’t hop (I.e. the opportunity cost).

I guess we could just wait until that day to make the upgrade, and if we want to stay at AK into the evening, we will. I assume we just stop at Guest Services at the entrance/exit of AK to make the upgrade and the immediately use the app to see if any FP+s are available at DHS. Is that how that would work?

I guess we could just wait until that day to make the upgrade, and if we want to stay at AK into the evening, we will. I assume we just stop at Guest Services at the entrance/exit of AK to make the upgrade and the immediately use the app to see if any FP+s are available at DHS. Is that how that would work?

Edit: Never mind. I've been corrected

Last edited:
To me it wouldn't be worth it. This is coming from someone who loves hoppers. We generally have an AP. If we didn't, I would buy the hoppers. To me, it is only worth it if you plan to hop 3 or more times. Our family generally will go to one park in the morning, back to the hotel to swim, and another in the evening so we hop almost everyday of our trip. YMMV, to others it may be worth it.

Correct.

This is incorrect.
Okay. And probably, the cheapest and easiest way make the transfer is to just take the bus to BW or Swan and walk to DHS. But I guess if we do actually land a FP+ and are in a time crunch, we will Uber over.

Thanks for the responses.

Now that AK is opened later into the evening, it really is a lovely place to spend the evening. If you haven't done it, you might try it.

For the cost, I would add a second day to the ticket. It’s not that much more, and then you could do advance FPs for RnRC *and* ToT. You could do PM if you want to sleep in.

Okay. And probably, the cheapest and easiest way make the transfer is to just take the bus to BW or Swan and walk to DHS. But I guess if we do actually land a FP+ and are in a time crunch, we will Uber over.

Thanks for the responses.
There's a direct bus. Take that.

Thank you. All these years of going and I had no idea you could go park to park! LOL We always just go back to resort to swim and rest before heading back a different park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter