• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hop or Only Three Parks with 3 Days?

Park Hop or Skip a Park?

• Park Hop MGM and AK

• Skip MGM

• Skip AK

• Just do the Highlights of all the parks using Park hoppers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Disney World in several years with dd13 and 9. We will be going in Dec. after our cruise with 3 full days to do the parks. It will be Dec. 30, Dec. 31st and Jan. 1 (Yes, I know it's the busiest time of the year). I was wondering if you would park hop one day (Ak and MGM maybe) or just skip either AK or MGM. I have subscribed to TG Mike so I know which days would be best to go to which parks. Thanks!

We are going for 3.5 days in Oct and have decided to hop. We have a DS who is 4 and didn't hop at all last year. We are not going to AK this year but will hop to MK one night for Spectro and Wishes. Because it's a short trip and there are certain things we want to see, we decided to go ahead and add the hopping feature this time.

As for your dates, hopping may come in handy if one park is too busy for your liking or you want to catch certain shows and attractions at another park. However, it may be so busy that certain parks will close and you may not get to use the hopping feature much!

MK = at least a full day

Epcot = at least a full day

MGM = the highlights can be seen in a half day

AK = Same as above but do this park first

We are doing three days in August (four nights). I am going to upgrade one of our tickets to a hopper. We don't need to hop all three days. One day for MK, one day for EPCOT and one day for MGM and AK (hopper day).

Now I answered park hop AK & MGM, however I would have a hard time limiting myself to just one day at MK & Epcot...but thats me. We usually do 1/2 - 3/4 day at AK then hop to MGM for dinner & Fantasmic. If you wanted to do any rides at MGM, specifically ToT or RNR, you may not be able to due to long wait times in the later part of the day & FP may be gone by then. When my daughter & I decided to do those 2 rides, we did MGM 1st thing in the am during EMH then hopped over to Epcot a cple minutes after they opened to meet my mom & son.

How do you add a hopper to only one ticket? Would it have to be your last day?

How do you add a hopper to only one ticket? Would it have to be your last day?

Well, the package I booked (Free Dining) requires a one day MYW base ticket. I am going to upgrade that ticket to a hopper, which I can use any day I wish. I am buying the other days separately.

I would ahve teh hopper option so you can abandon a park if you so choose once it becomse packed to the gills.

Well, the package I booked (Free Dining) requires a one day MYW base ticket. I am going to upgrade that ticket to a hopper, which I can use any day I wish. I am buying the other days separately.

Wouldn't it be cheaper (and easier) to just upgrade you MYW base ticket to a 3 day hopper??:confused3

Wouldn't it be cheaper (and easier) to just upgrade you MYW base ticket to a 3 day hopper??:confused3

I am buying the other two days through my employer. Since we've been to Disney many, many times, we don't really need hoppers for all three days. It's cheaper this way.

Based on touring plans... The anticipated crowd levels on the 30th and 31st will be very high, the crowds on the 1st should be more manageable.

IMHO... If you can't hop and the crowds become unmanageable your stuck in the park that you selected. If you can hop and things get bad in the park that you selected that day, you can always hop to a different park.

(thank you touring plans)

Remember, you can always add hopping later if you want it, so you don't have to apy for it now - it doesn't cost any extra to add hopping once you get there (It just has to be added within 14 days of initial use). If you are only gettig 3day tickets then hopping is quite pricey. If you're buying 10 non exp. tickets to use on a future trip, then adding hopping makes much more sense.

Once upon a time we never hopped, then Disney added hopping to the regular price of tickets for a fw years, and we fell in love. Now I don't mind paying for the feature at all.

Having said that, you may not need to hop. I know Disney well enough to know that I want to go commando style. So for us, if MK is open three hours later than any other park, we'll usually head over there when it gets late. If that's not your style, then paying for it would be a waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter