Park footwear

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
I have logged many a miles in the parks over the years in my Crocs flip flops. They have served me well. Noticed they were starting to look pretty thin. So instead of reordering my Crocs Athens I decided to order Oofos as my new park flip flop. Four years ago I developed some very nasty back issues. I'm hoping the Oofos will give me the same cushion as my Crocs. Has anyone got any experience with wearing them?

We are a family that loves the Croc Athens, but it looks like they are not longer being made, anyone know if they can be found anywhere? My favorite pair has a hole, so I a also looking for a replacement.

Will go and google Oofos.

They had a ton of them at the warehouse sale last month in Markham. If They have another sale this year, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I probably got lucky with the search or maybe they have them in for the summer, now. Anyway, good luck.

Go Walks 2 were my savior for our WDW trip in 2014. Unfortunately they are wearing out. I got myself another Go Walks pair as my previous pair is wearing out but they are the Go Walks 3 and they must be narrower as my feet still hurt (and in the store, 3 were more comfortable than Go Walks 4). Am a bit nervous for our Disneyland trip in the summer and wondering if I should try something completely different like Keen sandals or something, which I've heard people mention on here?

I was planning to wear my running shoes, but am worried my feet will be too hot (going Aug 27 to Sep 3). I'll have to look into good sandals I guess. I don't think I could do it in my flip flops :)

I just wanted to add that I try to switch between my sandals and running shoes once a day,
it seems to help. I also carry a supply of a few pieces of moleskin,in case of skin irritation.
Rolling your feet on frozen bottles of ice water also helps to bring down swelling.
I don't have any fancy kind of sandals just good old Birkenstocks.

I took a peek at the Oofos

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...targid=kwd-42312291112&ref=pd_sl_8vkgm4hrm3_b

they look pretty cool,sorry I can't comment on their durability or comfort.
Hugs Mel

Found this re Crocs in Mississauga
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/crocs-discount-warehouse-store-mississauga

Last edited:
DW and I are fans of Sketchers Go Walk shoes. Super comfy, light weight, but can wear kinda fast at WDW. Mind, with that kind of mileage, anything will wear at Disney.

I have logged many a miles in the parks over the years in my Crocs flip flops. They have served me well. Noticed they were starting to look pretty thin. So instead of reordering my Crocs Athens I decided to order Oofos as my new park flip flop. Four years ago I developed some very nasty back issues. I'm hoping the Oofos will give me the same cushion as my Crocs. Has anyone got any experience with wearing them?
I LOVE my oofos! I got a pair at the DL Half Marathon last year and they've become my go to flip flop for the parks! I find them a bit laborious to wear all day since they are so soft. But I've done it. I usually switch into them during my afternoon break and wear them in the evening back to the parks. I bought a second pair on Amazon that were on clearance. Love love love them. I think they have them cheaper on Zulily sometimes.

I have a pair of Go Walk flip flops. Wore them the whole time in December. Just bought a new pair and plan on living in them next week.

I always wear running shoes and 2 pairs of socks. Never had a problem and we do a lot of park walking. I also bring moleskin in case. I can't imagine wearing Crocs as I always seem to get a blister. I go for comfort not style.

Also make sure that whatever you choose, that the shoes are well broken in before you go. On one trip I bought a new pair of runners a few months before our trip. They were a brand and size that I'd worn for years with great success. I wore them lightly before we left so I was good to go. Yeah. When we arrived and started piling on the miles those shoes absolutely killed my feet. I ended up wearing my old and heavy slip-ons for the rest of the trip. The new shoes were left in the recycle bin in our room!

I take good support Sketchers, a pair of Sperrys ( like plimsoles or boat shoes) and a pair of dressier sandels for dinners in restaurants. I have worn Crocs but found they rubbed. I wear my Sketchers on the plane, not my first choice but better than packing them.
I really doubted the Sperrys when I first took them, but actually they were great. I'm 58 and hit the parks hard so I usually end up full time in my Sketchers by the end of the week. I carry very little to the parks(string purse) but can't be without Polysporin, bandaids and Tylenol. Best foot advice given to me - Use bandaids before you need them.

I'm a big fan of my Ugg Sandals actually. I resisted for a while, but have used them in park and through a few big walking trips and had no issues and lasting well. I used to have to switch from sandals to my runners for the last couple of days, but now can stick with these. And they look nice enough that I have now cut down a pair of shoes that I need to bring.

For me the key is actually an ankle strap, which helps provide that extra bit of support.

I switch every couple of days between my Nike's and then my croc sandals. I need the arch support.

I have problem feet as I have rheumatoid arthritis and it affects my feet a lot. I also seem to get blisters a lot. I usually will wear good New Balance running shoes but last trip I took the NB shoes I wore the trip before and got terrible blisters. :furious: I think my socks were a bit thicker. Anyhow, I went to an outlet mall and bought some Teva Tirras. They saved my trip and they will be going on my next trip. I think it is good to alternate shoes every other day or so.

I go in Aug and it's just too hot for me to wear runners & socks. Esp when it rains at 3:00. Don't want to walk around in wet shoes & socks.
I need support and like the Sole and Olukai flip flops. My daughter got some Montrails that look comfy too.
I always bring several pairs to switch off.

For winter trips I wear runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter