• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Crowds Weekend after Thanksgiving??

SoleilLoca

planning our next Disney adventure down to the sma
I just found out that the Pop Warner kids will be in WDW the same week of our reservation :furious: ..I'm thinking about changing my reservation to the weekend immediately following Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving's on the 24th this month, we'd arrive on the 26th). Are the parks still very crowded, or have a lot of people started heading out? Is the Epcot F&W fest still going on? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!! :thumbsup2

We arrived on Thanksgiving day back in '04...the parks were crazy until Monday morning!!! That Friday and Sat following Thanksgiving were mob scenes. The F&W Festival will be over by then.
As far as the Pop Warner kids go...I was there the exact same time as they were back in '03....even stayed at AllStarMusic with them...and I never had a problem with them at all. You did see more of them in the parks at night, but day time wasn't an issue since they were in competitions until the end of the week.
I wouldn't hesitate to go at the same time as the kids in the future. In fact, if given the choice between the Thanksgiving week-end crowds and the Pop Warner kids, I would take the kids!!!

The weekend after Thanksgiving was perfect for us last year! 10-15 min wait in all lines! As for F&W, it was over by then.

We will be arriving on the 26th also, and starting the parks on the 27th-Dec.7th. We were there roughly the same time in 2004 and practically had the place to ourselves. Almost everything was a walk on except some rides in Fantasyland in the middle of the afternoon (10-15 minute wait). Rode Big thunder and Splash over and over without getting off :cool1: We saw the POP warner kids at MGM one day but besides a little cheer in the line didn't even know they were there the whole week. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Lory

Just so no one makes a reservation mistake, Thanksgiving is on the 23rd in 2006. We are arriving on Saturday the 25th. We're not planning to hit the parks until Sunday and we're really hoping what everyone is saying is true. Sounds like it's going to be a great time to go.

I want to know more about MVMCP and how crowded it gets during this week.

We've only done MVMCP once on a thursday and it wasn't worth the extra money to us. It was wall to wall people. The parade was cute, but nothing special in our opinions, and the shows were ok, the ones we went to but after having the parks practically to ourselves during the days, that night was just awful. Only thing really fun was riding Big Thuder and Splash over and over during the second parade.

Lory

It looks like our original plans of the first week in December needs to change and we are considering the time after Thanksgiving also. I sure hope everyone is correct because it looks more and more like that is the time we will be going.

Mickeygolf said:
Just so no one makes a reservation mistake, Thanksgiving is on the 23rd in 2006. We are arriving on Saturday the 25th. We're not planning to hit the parks until Sunday and we're really hoping what everyone is saying is true. Sounds like it's going to be a great time to go.

I want to know more about MVMCP and how crowded it gets during this week.

Good looking out...I did in fact read my calendar wrong...silly me.. :blush:

I went ahead and changed our ressies--booked the 27th thru Dec 3 instead of the 3-9th. I wanted to make it the 26th-2nd but Dsister's 16th birthday is the 25 and we'd be on the road..i wouldn't want to do that to her. ;) Overall I'm fairly happy with the decision. It's DH's very first trip to WDW and I want everything to go as smoothly as possible so he'll want to go again. :banana: thanks for the advice!

I would also like MVMCP info...do they run it during the week also, or only on weekends? when I talked to CRO they didn't have any dates or anything yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter