• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park closings due to capacity?

The only way I see that even remotely happening is if he considers Cosmic Ray's, Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, Pecos Bill's, or Columbia Harbor House as a "sit-down" restaurant! :confused:

Maybe.....MAYBE...if they get there right when it opens for customers, a walk-in addition to the wait list at Tony's Town Square (my DD and I did that a couple of weekends ago and still had to wait 30 min.)

I still even think he will be LUCKY to get into Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray, etc. cause I have heard some stories on here about how the lines for the food and the bathroom are worse than the lines for the rides!!! :scared1:

Here now at dhs small line for lunch found a table no problem with restroom waits. At Catalina eddies area and fairfax.

We went to DHS yesterday (Tuesday). When we got to the parking lot, they were just waving people in. They were not requiring payment or checking passes at the parking booths to reduce the back up of traffic on the road leading to the park.

It was extremely crowded in the park. The only thing we managed to ride was the Great Movie Ride. We waited in line about 30 minutes to get on. Fastpasses were gone by noon for just about everything.

We did manage to eat at at fast service location. It was crowded, but we managed to wait for a table. We were going to stay or the Osbourne Lights, but it was so crowded and cold, we decided to leave.

Subbing cause my uncle and aunt arrived today with no dining reservations and no plans :lmao: We warned them but they would not listen!!

My uncle thinks he is going to MK on NYE around 7PM and find a sit-down restaurant, and this is the first time my aunt is going to try an ECV. Should be an interesting trip to say the least ;)

We were at WDW a few years ago while I was pregnant. Due to some joint swelling, my OB only let me go if I promised to use a wheelchair or ECV. ECV's were gone on NYE by 9:00 am when we showed up. I had to be pushed in a wheelchair the whole day. They ran out of wheelchairs around noon. I wonder if she can get around without one :confused3 There may be none left.

We went to DHS yesterday (Tuesday). When we got to the parking lot, they were just waving people in. They were not requiring payment or checking passes at the parking booths to reduce the back up of traffic on the road leading to the park.

It was extremely crowded in the park. The only thing we managed to ride was the Great Movie Ride. We waited in line about 30 minutes to get on. Fastpasses were gone by noon for just about everything.

We did manage to eat at at fast service location. It was crowded, but we managed to wait for a table. We were going to stay or the Osbourne Lights, but it was so crowded and cold, we decided to leave.

I got there about 6:30pm. Parked within easy walking distance. No wait at the turnstiles. Met up w/my friend and his DD at the Osborne lights and we hung out there for about 45 min. We did MuppetVision 3D and walked right in and the pre-show was just starting (perfect!).

Then they did RnRC w/FPs while I waited. Then we did VotLM, only had to wait 20-25min. Then it was about a 5min. wait for the Great Movie Ride and then that was a wrap! :)

Just have to avoid the 11am - 4pm timeframe this time of year.

Get in early, collect FPs, eat lunch and take a break someplace else and come back about dinner time.

I got there about 6:30pm. Parked within easy walking distance. No wait at the turnstiles. Met up w/my friend and his DD at the Osborne lights and we hung out there for about 45 min. We did MuppetVision 3D and walked right in and the pre-show was just starting (perfect!).

Then they did RnRC w/FPs while I waited. Then we did VotLM, only had to wait 20-25min. Then it was about a 5min. wait for the Great Movie Ride and then that was a wrap! :)

Just have to avoid the 11am - 4pm timeframe this time of year.

Get in early, collect FPs, eat lunch and take a break someplace else and come back about dinner time.

Timing is everything!

Subbing cause my uncle and aunt arrived today with no dining reservations and no plans :lmao: We warned them but they would not listen!!

My uncle thinks he is going to MK on NYE around 7PM and find a sit-down restaurant, and this is the first time my aunt is going to try an ECV. Should be an interesting trip to say the least ;)

Have to laugh and also feel bad for you! A couple of years ago we traveled to WDW with family members and my brother-in-law did exactly the same thing. He didn't want to be "tied down" to a schedule and just expected to walk into any sit-down restaurant in Epcot and get a table with no wait. We tried to reason with him but he kept insisting we try...not just one night but on 3 different nights! In fact, he very much wanted to get in LeCellier of all places! Of course, when we weren't able to get a table anywhere (just as we'd told him!) on any of those 3 nights, he spent the rest of each night complaining about Disney. Really took the joy out of the trip that year. And, we haven't asked them to join us at WDW since!

Your Uncle is about to receive an EPIC FAIL notice. I HOPE I am not next to him either (as Ill be there...we might sneak over from the Bay Lake Tower if there is opening for the two fireworks otherwise my day will be spent enjoying "non-park" locations and the evening up at the Top of the World Lounge watching the MK fireworks.

Have to laugh and also feel bad for you! A couple of years ago we traveled to WDW with family members and my brother-in-law did exactly the same thing. He didn't want to be "tied down" to a schedule and just expected to walk into any sit-down restaurant in Epcot and get a table with no wait. We tried to reason with him but he kept insisting we try...not just one night but on 3 different nights! In fact, he very much wanted to get in LeCellier of all places! Of course, when we weren't able to get a table anywhere (just as we'd told him!) on any of those 3 nights, he spent the rest of each night complaining about Disney. Really took the joy out of the trip that year. And, we haven't asked them to join us at WDW since!

Yep, your brother-in-law's lack of planning skills does not equal a failure on Disney's part for sure lol....

My DS is in LSU's Tigerband. They tried to get into MK yesterday, but they did not make it before they reached capacity. The band and football team spent the day at HS. :cool1:
He was able to still do backlot, tower, and a couple of other things. They did wait in line for Toy Story during the Fantasmic show.

Yesterday (at DHS) I had a couple of Guests asking which table service restaurants might be best to go to. My response was to ask them "for today?" When they said yes, I told them that more than likely none of the counter service locations would have more than a 30 minute wait in line to get food. They were disappointed, having thought they could get a choice of table service locations.

I am often amused by peoples lack of preperation for a vacation at WDW..

I mean come on, at least p/u a book or ask someone you know that's been there in the last few years. :lmao:

Watching intently to see if the parks close today!! :laughing:

I am often amused by peoples lack of preperation for a vacation at WDW..

I mean come on, at least p/u a book or ask someone you know that's been there in the last few years. :lmao:

I think a lot of people don't have a clue as to the size and scope of WDW. My husband did not. He is not from the United States though. I kept telling him how big it was and he kept saying "yeah, yeah, yeah." Once we were there though, he was flabbergasted. When it took 12 minutes to get from our resort to MK, he was amazed! Then he thanked me for being so well prepared!!!! :worship:

looks like today is off to a rip-roaring start!

Dec 31, 2009
Magic Kingdom currently (10:30am) is closed to some guests due to capacity (phase 3). Disney Resort guests and Annual Passholders are still permitted entry.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just got a call from my uncle, and they did the MK yesterday and according to him they arrived around noon and "it wasn't that bad" lol all they got on was the Hall of Presidents!! haha!

My aunt gave up the scooter the first night so my uncle is back to pushing her in the wheelchair...

Oh and they decided since its going to be humid today that maybe they will just stay around the resort and relax!

lmao, he is so trying to cover his rear-end so he won't hear "we told you so" it isn't even funny! We will never hear the truth about how the lack of planning lead to disaster :lmao:

My nephew just got married at the Wedding Chapel! Still can't believe they picked today to "tie the knot"; well, I can believe they picked today but at WDW!!! Limo is taking them back to rooms now and they're going to attempt to get into EPCOT. Send some Pixie Dust their way!:tink:

Wow - how awesome would it be to get married at WDW on New Year's Eve!! Here's hoping they have a wonderful time ringing in their first official New Year as a married couple in EP tonight. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter