• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Capacity Reopenings

eianson

Mouseketeer
So we are taking a Spring Break Trip (March 27-April 1). I know the procedures/criteria for Park Capacity Closures. However, what I haven't been able to find is when (or if) capacity closures are lifted.

We typically get to the parks before rope drop, but then take an afternoon break (around noon). Then we will typically go back to the parks around 5 or so in the afternoon/evening. Now with this being our first time at Spring Break, we are a little concerned about capacity issues in the evenings (we are offsite, but multi-day park hoppers). What are people's experiences with this?

Thanks!

eianson said:
So we are taking a Spring Break Trip (March 27-April 1). I know the procedures/criteria for Park Capacity Closures. However, what I haven't been able to find is when (or if) capacity closures are lifted.

We typically get to the parks before rope drop, but then take an afternoon break (around noon). Then we will typically go back to the parks around 5 or so in the afternoon/evening. Now with this being our first time at Spring Break, we are a little concerned about capacity issues in the evenings (we are offsite, but multi-day park hoppers). What are people's experiences with this?

Thanks!

They are lifted when crowds lessen. Most hard Phase 4 closures last only a few hours at most.

You will not have a problem. They only time of year it may be an issue is around Christmas/new years

You will not have a problem. They only time of year it may be an issue is around Christmas/new years

Really? I could have sworn that people have reported closings on July 4. What about Easter weekend?

I've been there during park closing at MK on July 4th.

I doubt you'll have a problem for the dates you've mentioned, but I've usually seen people on here say they were able to get back into capacity-closed parks around 5pm

1) I would be concerned about CROWDS (read: elbow-to-elbow).
2) I would not be concerned about CLOSURE.

We've been to WDW during spring break many times -- and will be there the same week you are. I've never experienced a park closure during that week -- it's busy, but since the whole world doesn't have the same spring break week off, it's a little easier to manage than Christmas time. Sure it'll be busy, but don't panic.

We had friends at WDW over Easter two or three years ago and they had park closings during their trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter