Park Bag

G'sWatersprite

Earning My Ears
So, what is your go-to park bag? I know we'll have a bag for the majority of the stuff under the stroller, but what do you guys recommend for carrying the stuff you take with you on rides? Backpack? Messenger? Sling? I'd love some recommendations! This traveling to WDW with kids thing is new to me! When it was just me and DH or me as a kid it was much easier! Thanks!!

I love my Overland Donner bag. Holds all the essentials. But if I need something a little bigger, I use my messenger bag that I bought from Disney a couple of years ago. It holds as much as a diaper bag, but much more compact.

I like a regualr school bag. We try not too carry that much stuff with us. I try to remember we will be there all day and most of the night. So somone one will have to carry the pack or what ever anyone brings.

I like a sling back. I used a bookbag for quite a while, but depending on the time of year, makes your back really hot. Make sure you include things like batteries for your camera, water bottles (we always freeze them through the night to keep them cold), sunglasses, sunscreen, snacks. If you're going in the middle of summer, one of the spray fans is nice. Depending on age of kids, a change of clothes. Bandaids for blisters on the feet (so you don't have to walk all the way to first aid).

I like the cross-body messenger bags, although I think backpacks are much easier to carry (no shoulder fatigue :laughing:), the messenger is much easier to get things out of without taking it off & opening it all the way up. Like when your kid has to have a drink/snack/band-aid right NOW & you're crushed in a ride line!

We take a drawstring backpack. It holds a few diapers, wipes, sunscreen, some band-aids, a couple snacks, the camera, propel packets (for the water bottles), and usually a small bottle of bubbles (for entertainment in lines). Under the stroller is a Vera Bradly tote that has a change of clothes for the kids and some ziplocs (just in case). We travel pretty light with three kids, and we usually do pretty well!!

Like you said......the majority of the stuff will go in a big bag under the stroller area.......but I like a fanny pack or my messenger bag taht goes over my shoulder and can go cross body.....I like the fanny pack better because I dont have to take it off to go on a ride ..it just sits on my belly.

have fun

In our backpack, went much of what everyone else mentioned, along with Ponchos and a towel from the resort. This was essential when we got caught in the rain, and the stroller was outside the ride area. We, rented because at that time the boys were 2,5 and 7, so it was easy to wipe down.

It was the best thing we ever did. We left it in the stroller most of the time, right on the seat.

In the stroller I will have a lightweight backpack with ponchos, snacks, sunblock etc., basically nothing I will be devastated in someone were to snatch it. And for the rides I have a Vera Bradley hipster carrying our cell phones, wallet, camera, etc. The hipster is very comfortable and works well on the rides.

I've used the baggallini sling bag on my last 2 trips and have loved it. It was recommended on the mousesavers.com website and I've never regretted buying it. It is lightweight and has lots of pockets in it. I was even able to carry my Canon 50D in it on our last trip on the days I took the DSLR to the parks. I think you'd find it to fit your needs. I've put a link so you can see it. Enjoy your trip!

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-slingbagg-crinkle-nylon/47360?productid=1330179

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've got some shopping to do! :goodvibes

I've used the baggallini sling bag on my last 2 trips and have loved it. It was recommended on the mousesavers.com website and I've never regretted buying it. It is lightweight and has lots of pockets in it. I was even able to carry my Canon 50D in it on our last trip on the days I took the DSLR to the parks. I think you'd find it to fit your needs. I've put a link so you can see it. Enjoy your trip!

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-slingbagg-crinkle-nylon/47360?productid=1330179

You were able to fit a DSLR in there?? Hmmmm, must look at these!!

If you are going to be using Disney buses at all, you will want to limit what you bring as much as possible. You'll have to fold up your stroller when you get on the bus and hold all your stuff and the baby. Good luck with your planning.

I did the messenger bag thing last trip and it was a pain, I will be going back to a vera bradley backpack, it's also better for your back and body to carry the load symmetrically, and the cross body messenger style, although easy to access, was uncomfortable!

I use a kipling cross body travel bag. Its great for hands free. its bigger than it looks & it holds a lot.

There is a whole thread on this topics in tips I think??? I read ALL of it and ordered the Baggallini messenger bag. It came yesterday and I think it is going to be great. We have done draw string, regular, and totes. Good luck.....

I have a go gaga messenger. I love that it is so comfy to wear- although big- so perhaps get a smaller version; and it strap to the stroller bar.

Why? WHY? Why did I read this thread?! :laughing:

It's bad enough that I can't help myself when it comes to buying new shoes... Bags, I can't resist a new bag. I bought the Baggalini based on the recommendations in this thread. Amazon has a nice deal on them. Can't wait to get it and try it out. :thumbsup2

Now, I'm going to have to find a nice, small, waterproof messenger bag for my hubby to carry around the park. Whoever said that about backpacks was spot on. Sweaty backs = ugh.

*cough* Oh and hide all these new bags so my husband doesn't go insane *cough* :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter