• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park at Downtown Disney and take bus to the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyo284

Earning My Ears
Are we able to park at Downtown Disney and then take the bus to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom?

Yes and no. You'd have to take a bus to a resort first. Or you could take the boat to a resort and take a bus from there.

There are no buses that go directly from DTD to the parks. WDW has figured out that people would try to do this so they wouldn't have to pay for parking, so no buses run directly.

You'd have to go from DTD to a resort, then take a bus from the resort to the park. It would be pretty time-consuming.

If you have a car and you are staying offsite, Disney allows you to drive all the way to the theme park lots with your car. It's much closer than DTD.

Just a heads up, I think what you are trying to do is frowned upon on this message board so don't expect any encouraging posts :tiptoe: personally it makes no difference to me

It just takes so much time, it hardly seems worth it. If you're offsite you're literally taking more time and hassle to save $17. It's silly. We had cousins do that to meet us at Epcot, and it took something like 1.5 hours from when they got to DTD to get to us. Ridiculous. Your time is worth more than that.

Can you? Sure, have at it. But, at least right now, parking at DTD is a nightmare. Once the parking garage is open, who knows what the situation will be. Should you? Sure, if that parking fee at the parks is that big a deal to you. But I have to think that if you can't afford to park at WDW, you might want to rethink your vacation plans.
Here's how it will go if you decide to park at DTD and head to a park....arrive at DTD and get a spot. Walk to the bus stop....fair hike..about 10-15 mins. Then, wait for a bus. Depending on time of day that wait could be 10-30+ mins. And the morning buses don't run all that frequently until closer to noon. Then, ride to the resort....10-20 mins. Off the bus, and find transportation to the park. If you are going to MK, then you could take the CR bus, but that will make numerous stops along the way, then you have a 10-15 min walk to the MK. Same thing if you're going to Epcot or DHS...sure, you can walk to either DHS or Epcot. But, the walk to Epcot will take you 10 mins, to DHS will take 15+.
If you decide to take a particular bus, as in the above instances, your wait could be longer. A lot of people just hop on the first resort bus that comes along and then transfer at that resort, usually taking a bus to the park of their choice. So....you can expect to use about 90 mins to get to a park from DTD.

You are better off paying the parking fee and keeping your receipt...you only pay to park once a day. So you can hop to a different park later in the day, show your receipt and you get to just drive in without paying a second time.

Yes, you can do it. But how much is your time worth? Do you really want to spend hours just getting to and from the parks? Do you really want to lose those early park hours waiting for or riding a bus? DTD shops don't even open til 10:00, so resort buses are not going there early. You have no hope of getting to any park at or near RD. For $17 you can drive right to the park (or TTC at MK) and can arrive before RD.

Daily parking fees should be part of your budget when planning a WDW visit. Its one of the tradeoffs when choosing to stay off site.

Just a heads up, I think what you are trying to do is frowned upon on this message board so don't expect any encouraging posts :tiptoe: personally it makes no difference to me

It's not actually frowned on (as opposed to parking at a resort for theme park access), it's just not a good idea, as other posters have explained.

To answer the question, no, that is impossible as there are no such direct bus routes.

Yes parking at DD and taking a bus to a resort and then another bus to the park is fun and efficient :crazy2:

Can you do it? Sure, but the questions is why would you spend so much time trying to save $17. Considering how much you are paying for tickets is $17 really worth wasting 1.5 hours to you?

Are we able to park at Downtown Disney and then take the bus to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom?

:welcome:
The time it takes to do that is so not worth it. Advice with three options: buy the Annual Pass, stay on site, or pay the $17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter