• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park at capacity?

wegakempf

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disney over spring/Easter break for the first time ever for a quick 3 day trip. One day at MK, one at beach/Disney spring and one at Epcot. We are surprising our 15yr old with the trip. We always gone in the past during slow season. We plan on going to MK April 13 with a predicted crowd level of 7. From what I have been reading not holding my breath on that, as I know this can change. Since the hours on now from 8am-12 midnight we are thinking of leaving the park like 1pm for a few hours and going back to our condo at Winsor Hills. My concern is, will we get back into the park. I have heard that there are time where the park is at capacity and no one else is allowed in. Again, we have never gone during a busy time, so not sure if this is a valid concern. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Easter week is about the second busiest time of the year. Could you get locked out from getting in? Possibly but not likely. However, that is a risk you will take going at that time.

My 2 cents (worth about that much) .... you won't be locked out.

But, it will be crazy busy ... you'll have an opportunity to evaluate that morning. If it's super packed, you may want to re-evaluate.

Again, just my thoughts

Brian

By "WDW" I assume you mean Magic Kingdom? MK, Disney Springs, and Epcot are all "Walt Disney World".
While the park may not reach full closure, it will be insane. It is the second busiest time of the year. You must be prepared to enter the park early in the morning and plan for very, very long wait times.

We are heading to Disney over spring/Easter break for the first time ever for a quick 3 day trip. One day at MK, one at beach/Disney spring and one at Epcot. We are surprising our 15yr old with the trip. We always gone in the past during slow season. We plan on going to MK April 13 with a predicted crowd level of 7. From what I have been reading not holding my breath on that, as I know this can change. Since the hours on now from 8am-12 midnight we are thinking of leaving the park like 1pm for a few hours and going back to our condo at Winsor Hills. My concern is, will we get back into the park. I have heard that there are time where the park is at capacity and no one else is allowed in. Again, we have never gone during a busy time, so not sure if this is a valid concern. Any advice is appreciated.
That's a bit of an overstatement.
The only level the park has reached in recent years is to prevent one day ticket guests from entering. Those who walk up to by 1 day tickets to MK.
If you have a FP, an ADR, staying on site, have an AP, are hoping from elsewhere, have entered that day and come to return, you are allowed in.
Look up the Phased closing for Disney and you'll see the details

I wouldn't be concerned. It's VERY rare for any of the parks to be at full capacity and it's only happened a handful of times since WDW has been opened.

Like AngiTN said, unless you have a one day ticket, you shouldn't worry.

During your time it's likely the parks won't reach phase 1 closure, let alone phase 4

Thanks - I had some of this same concern (also going the week before Easter and staying at Windsor Hills - how about that!) Good to hear the responses.

Thanks - I had some of this same concern (also going the week before Easter and staying at Windsor Hills - how about that!) Good to hear the responses.

:wave: we will be there too!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know it is going to be super busy, so I am prepared for the crowds. I have a plan in hand, my fastpasses for Big Thunder mountain, Haunted Mansion and Seven Dwarfs and even scored a lunch reservation for BOG. I will take the crowds in stride, and go with the flow. I am very prepared for long, long lines. Just wanted the option, if needed, to head out and rest for a bit back at the condo, so we could make it till midnight on our feet.

:wave: we will be there too!

good to hear I was not alone, wondering about this. I should be a great week. Counting down, 20 days till we are on our way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter