Park and Fly hotels at Newark airport ?

DVCindy

Mouseketeer
Hi -

We have a 7:10 AM flight next week out of Newark. I am considering doing the Park and Fly the night before at one of the airport hotels ...

Does anyone have any experience doing this ?

The only hotels I have found so far offering this are the Best Western and Wyndham. Anyone know anything about these ?

If we decide to just drive up in the early morning, has anyone used long term parking lately (either the AirTrain lots or the Economy lots) ? How much time should I allow to get from the lot to the terminal?

Thanks in advance for any info -

Cindy

The Wyndham Newark airport participates in the Entertainment book discount program (50% off Rack rates). See:

http://www.entertainment.com/index....ion=details&offer=238786&location=98400658849

I would suggest contacting the hotel & asking them for the Entertaiment rate for a park & fly stay.

You will need to have an entertainment card which can be obtained by purchasing the entertaiment book ($10) on the above website.

I was able to get a park & fly stay at the Wyndham in Minneapolis for $80 total. That was about the best park & fly rate I could find at ANY hotel.

We fly out of newark all of the time and use avistar. Usually a coupon in AAA magazine. They drop you right off at the terminal and when they pick you up your car is warmed up and waiting.

Thanks for the replies ...

smart cookie - Great idea ! Unfortunately, I called and the Wyndham at Newark airport won't apply the entertainment discount to their rate .

LarryM - DH was checking these out today. Sounds pretty good. Which lot do you use : Haynes Ave. or the other one (can't remember the name) ? The entertainment book has a 25% off coupon. Do you remember if this is comparable to the AAA discount ?

Thanks again ! Cindy

:D

we have used both the AAA coupon is for 59.95 I believe a week. Sometimes the coupons are only good for a specific location. You can also get a coupon from there website. The other was Mclellan.

Wow - thanks DVCindy for the suggestion to do the park and fly at the Best Western. I just called and got a rate of $135 for a King Room in October. This was the best deal that I could find since it includes 10 days of parking. The Windham was only 5 days. I need 11 days so it'll cost me an extra $7.95. Limo service was going to be more than this so we might be doing this instead. Have to see what hubby says.

Thanks so much for posting this. I never even gave this a thought.

I just thought of something. Does anyone know what the security is like at the Best Western for the Park and Fly? All of a sudden I had some really bad thoughts running through my head.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

piglet33 -

I think we think alike ! That was the reason for my initial question on the hotels. I'd like to try it but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done it first.

I know it's much more expensive, but we decided to just get a car service.

Good luck -

Cindy :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter