Paris

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
Is there currently an ABD in Paris? Whenever I hear about an attack or natural disaster in other countries, I always wonder about the Adventure Guides.

Unless it's a special departure, it doesn't look like there's any London/Paris trips between early October and the end of December this year. And the France trips were done for 2015 the end of August.

It's so sad & scary what's going on in Paris right now!

Sayhello

So sad!! My thoughts are with all those who are there. My mom and I are going to visit her friend in Marseille this summer and spending a couple days in Paris. When my mom heard, she called me and was worried for her friend. I had to give her a lesson in geography so she understood the distance between the two cities, but still so scary.

I agree how sad for the families. France has "closed their borders". I do wonder how will affect any tour groups in France at this moment?

I agree how sad for the families. France has "closed their borders". I do wonder how will affect any tour groups in France at this moment?

We were in the north of France yesterday ( Thursday ) And flew out of Amsterdam this evening ( Friday ) .

The motorway from Amsterdam goes all the way to Paris & beyond ..... also to all major ports going to UK & Euro tunnel .

unless a tour is in France or Paris right now I don't give a flying fig how it affects tours real people died just because of where they were it is a real tragedy and thoughts should be with the people directly affected not about tours unless they are affected by this. This tragedy is too close to home for me think about the victims and their families

unless a tour is in France or Paris right now I don't give a flying fig how it affects tours real people died just because of where they were it is a real tragedy and thoughts should be with the people directly affected not about tours unless they are affected by this. This tragedy is too close to home for me think about the victims and their families

I completely agree! I didn't mean that I wonder how it affects the tour. I meant that I wonder if the tour group was hurt or killed by being in the area of the attacks.

We arrived home two weeks ago after spending two weeks in Paris / river cruise / Disneyland Paris.

We had 30 people with us and all I keep thinking is how random this is.

Any traveler / resident / guest could have been in any of these locations.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this senseless tragedy.

It was only the land borders that were closed. The air borders remained open. My boss was in Budapest and flew into Paris on Saturday and then flew from Paris to Toronto on Sunday. Other than a bit of chaos at CDG on Saturday, he said the airports were operating normally.

Thank you Cinderella's Slipper. Since this scenario has not been invoked for centuries I wanted to know what it entailed. I was wondering out loud if or do companies like ABD have plans for terror attacks and the following chaos. It is easy to overlook worst case scenarios but in todays world it would behoove companies to come up with a plan "just in case". If you take a cruise you still MUST attend a muster drill. I myself always see where the exit doors are located in airplanes, meeting and movie halls, etc. "just in case".

Thank you Cinderella's Slipper. Since this scenario has not been invoked for centuries I wanted to know what it entailed. I was wondering out loud if or do companies like ABD have plans for terror attacks and the following chaos. It is easy to overlook worst case scenarios but in todays world it would behoove companies to come up with a plan "just in case". If you take a cruise you still MUST attend a muster drill. I myself always see where the exit doors are located in airplanes, meeting and movie halls, etc. "just in case".
I would not be surprised to find they have *some* sort of plan in place. There was a London/Paris ABD going on when there was that fire that closed the Chunnel, and the folks on the ABD were amongst the few that had alternate plans to get to Paris (via ferry, I believe).

Sayhello

You're welcome. Disney will have contingency plans for their contingency plans in the face of a crisis of some form or another. Most tours do. I actually know someone who was on a school tour to Japan that had just arrived in Tokyo the day BEFORE the earthquake and tsunami hit. Their tour kept them safe but also continued on with the tour, making alterations as necessary. Disney would be no different. If there were ABD tours currently in Paris, then the Guides would have a back up plan in place and would have put it into practice without the guests even knowing about it.

Me too. Up until recently, I also followed along with the "card in your seat pocket". DH always snickered, but "always be prepared"! With all the traveling we've done in the past few years, I can recite the spiel in my sleep now. lol

We were planning ABD Italy this coming year, but had decided to wait one more year, so DD job situation was more set in stone. Now I'm happy with that decision. I'm not feeling comfortable about the "world situation" right now :guilty:

We always book the exit row in planes these days but being first off the plane in an emergency is really just an added bonus for us. We book it as I have medical issues that make standing in line waiting to board difficult and the exit row boards first. Plus it has extra leg room which help with back and knee issues. My mother, who I travel with, is over 65 so being able to board first and not be rushed by people behind her is a big plus.

We are booked to go to Central Europe next fall with ABD. We aren't changing our plans and still have every intention of going on this trip. The only way we will change our plans is if Disney cancels our departure and if that happens we have some back up itineraries in mind.

I think you are confused.

You should not be sitting in the exit row if you have the physical limitations you described! You are accepting the responsibility for helping other passenger off the plane in an emergency. You are not supposed to be the first off the plane.

Plus, no airline boards exit rows first. You don't board first just because you have bulkhead seats either.

I agree with lost*in*cyberspac I found it strange that you were allowed to " be seated " in the Exit Row .

Booking them is one thing but some time You will be challenged .

In Europe they are far more strict.

I wish that here in the U.S. they would crack down on what is allowed as a carry-on pieces of luggage. Some bring on to the plane steamer trunks and then try to stuff them in the overhead. It takes up so much time on boarding and getting off the plane.

I agree with lost*in*cyberspac I found it strange that you were allowed to " be seated " in the Exit Row .

Booking them is one thing but some time You will be challenged .

In Europe they are far more strict.

Definitely, they are.

As a European, I've flown on various of our budget airlines, and at one time it was normal for seating to be unallocated. Sometimes, I was lucky enough to get an exit row seat (hooray for extra leg space) and every time, I've been approached before departure by the cabin crew who explained my duties and told me ANY mobility issues meant they would have to move me. Same with the transatlantic flights we've made with BA. We had to agree when pre-booking the seats, and the cabin crew checked personally we understood what we would need to do. Very strict about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter