paris screaming!!

Agree. Obviously she shouldn't just be allowed to go home because she's sad and has a tummy ache, but why does Paris have to serve out the entire 45 instead of the shortened sentence? It was the Sheriff's responsibility to see that the punishment handed down by the court was fulfilled. He/she is the one to blame in all of this. If I'm in jail and the cops say I can go home, it's a no brainer...I go home.

because she willingly contributed if she refuses to eat.

no you cant "force" someone to eat but at the same time you can't let the inmate dictate the situation either and let her get away with it

:confused3 eh, I think it should have been left at 23 days. Now people will go after the judge for taking his anger/frustrations out on her when he was angry with the sheriff.

call me a softy, but I felt a teensy bit sorry for her when she was crying.

How on earth could you feel even the slightest bit sorry for anyone who chose to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while inebriated? Is it the fact that she's a celebrity? Or just that she's a young girl?

Either way, today she got a bit of what she deserved.

Say what you want about Paris but she has already done more time than Ted Kennedy did for killing a woman.

MsA

Which is ONE of the reasons people are so outraged about this.

So many wealthy people get away with MURDER because of their high paid defense attornies making sure there is reasonable doubt. These kind of convictions are easier to punish so we're happy to see at least HER, and the Marthas of the world, serve time on something they CAN hold on them.

I am so glad the judge made an example out of her. Too many young people grow up with this disgusting entitlement disorder... they all need to know that there are consequences for doing wrong. At LEAST we have one example... :sad2:

ITA.

I just heard that for every day she behaves in jail, they could shed one day off her sentence so he said it was up to her to try and behave and not be hysterical each day. This was said by a lawyer on Fox News.

She's in solitary. Who's she hurting if she's hysterical? The walls? How is not being hysterical "good behavior"?

How on earth could you feel even the slightest bit sorry for anyone who chose to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while inebriated? Is it the fact that she's a celebrity? Or just that she's a young girl?

Either way, today she got a bit of what she deserved.

I just felt a bit bad for her in that instance. Sorry!:scared1:

Wow........I can't believe how this has spun out of control.

I am NO fan of Paris and I definitely don't think she should have been let
out early because of who she is, I also don't think she should be kept in
because of who she is.

The dumb thing the sherriff's office did was try to blame this on a medical excuse. Why didn't he just say, this is pretty much what I would have done to anyone with the same situation in my jail and let it go at that? :confused3
Sure, he would have gotten heat, but I don't think as much.

I know I'll probably get flamed, but I don't believe for one second that this judge would have gone through all that happened today for any Joe Blow in the same situation. (same offense, got early release to home arrest.) So in the same breath that he is saying she shouldn't get special treatment, he is doing just that but in the reverse.

I agree with you. The sheriff violated the order. Paris is being Paris. I don't think she is acting, that is who she is. I think the judge is having a "Judge Ito" moment. His fifteen minutes of fame and with the entire world looking, he reacted to it. Paris got confused. She thought that she had the same rights as an illegal alien. ;) Look at the New Jersey illegal aliens who plotted to attack Ft. Dix. 78 traffic violations, driving under suspension repeatedly, etc, etc. and not five seconds in jail. I look at it this way; already Paris has spent more time in jail than Ted Kennedy and Congressman Patrick Kennedy.

My thoughts:

She should only serve the 23 days.

The deputy should at the least lose his job.

The California court system is a carnival.

When she got behind the wheel of a car drunk, she lost any sympathy from me.

Maybe her courtroom shaking was withdrawal.

She's a woman, not a child. Suck it up Paris and do the time.

Greta Van Susteren reporting that she feels there's something actually wrong with Paris. She feels she's a sick women, shaking and twitching the entire time in the courtroom. She's hoping that the judge is able to get her help because she said she clearly needs it.

And where did Greta get her medical training?????

Agree. Obviously she shouldn't just be allowed to go home because she's sad and has a tummy ache, but why does Paris have to serve out the entire 45 instead of the shortened sentence? It was the Sheriff's responsibility to see that the punishment handed down by the court was fulfilled. He/she is the one to blame in all of this. If I'm in jail and the cops say I can go home, it's a no brainer...I go home.

I suspect her "medical condition" was found to be either frivilous or unfounded by the judge. That's why it's back to the original sentence. Faking an illness or acting more ill than you really are was a choice she made, not the sheriff, if indeed that was what occured. And I admit, that's a big if.

Who gave Shep Smith the bell? :rotfl2: I love it! And the Paris police cars with her on the way to jail just pased the circus! :clown:

I agree with you. The sheriff violated the order. Paris is being Paris. I don't think she is acting, that is who she is. I think the judge is having a "Judge Ito" moment. His fifteen minutes of fame and with the entire world looking, he reacted to it. Paris got confused. She thought that she had the same rights as an illegal alien. ;) Look at the New Jersey illegal aliens who plotted to attack Ft. Dix. 78 traffic violations, driving under suspension repeatedly, etc, etc. and not five seconds in jail. I look at it this way; already Paris has spent more time in jail than Ted Kennedy and Congressman Patrick Kennedy.

We already got the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh talking point quip from earlier in the thread from Ms America, Dawn, but thanks for playing anyway...your consolation prize is waiting for you back in the green room...:rotfl:

I read a blip somewhere that said her medical condition was suicidal (?). Don't ask for a link, I don't know where I saw it. Don't know how "true" it is, but it was out there. :confused3

I think what she got is fair. She should serve her time like anyone else. If she didn't IMO it does send a message that "money/fame can pave your way". If she hit someone while drunk driving that person would be just as dead as if an average American did. She should have the same rules.
That "quiet riot" that Obama spoke of, bubbled up over this. I'm not surprised and I agree it was wrong to give her special treatment.

I do hope she can fake being stronger than she has and toughen up some for her own sake. They will eat her alive if not. She isn't helping herself at all. :sad2:

because she willingly contributed if she refuses to eat.

no you cant "force" someone to eat but at the same time you can't let the inmate dictate the situation either and let her get away with it

Yes you can. Stick an NG tube down their nose. I'm sure it would look very stylish on Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter