• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parents-what nicknames do you have for your kids?

My oldest has has several strange nicknames that would pop out and stick around for a year or so before being replaced with new ones, but the ones that have stuck are Little Bear and Zam, Zammy or Zammer with the occasional Alexammer Hammer. When he first started saying his full name he said "Alexammer" instead of Alexander. For a while he was Alexammer Hammerhead Shark and it eventually got shortened. The baby has had a few random ones as well, but has always been Jack-Jack and will introduce himself that way. I see no end in sight...

I have a gazillion nicknames for my fourteen year old daughter. Among the most commonly used are Chickenlips, Chicky doodle, Miss Thing, Muchacha Queen, Babilicious, Ariel Bell, and Bunny Buns.

As for how long the nicknames last, I was well, well into adulthood and married and my Daddy still called me his Woofus.

..and how long do those usually last? I have a 2 1/2 year old DD that I call Pooh Bear. Will I still be calling her that when she's 30? 40? :confused3 :rotfl2:

My family still calls me by my nickname and I am in my 30's

I call DD sweetpea or sugarbooger. Everyone else in the family has a different nickname for her.

I call my son Mr. MSP which stands for Mister Smarty Pants He gets A's every semester in college in the honors program!
I think he likes his nickname :thumbsup2

We call DS Bugs and Buddy. The Bugs came about because of something that happened when he was an infant..a woman called him a 'cuddlebug' and it sort of stuck.:lmao: Buddy..I'm not sure where that came from, tbh.

DD7 is called The Mad One or Mads. Her name is Madison.

DS4 is called Egg or Little Egg. I have no idea why. :confused3 :lmao:

Noah is Bubba or Bubbalicious - it started when he was two... he's now nine and it just FITS him... NO, we are not from the south... :lmao:

my 12 y.o is Michael but we call him Pickle....my 15 y.o son Branden we use to call him Pacho....now we call him Butt head, teen agers.... yuck :rolleyes1 :lmao:

when my 14 was 1 he could not say uncle keane it came out as uncle chunk and it still stuck,
uncle JR is uncle jar
tyler, ty 14
kenny boo boo 9
eric J- jay 6
justice, bubba 1

My dad started calling me monkey the day I came home from the hospital. I'm 23 and he still calls me monkey. Can't see him ever not calling me monkey.

DS11 Dylan was pooter bear when he was little and now its bubby.
DD2 is pop tart from her daddy and mooshy from me.

LOL I dont have a clue where these names came from but they just happened.

When my daughter peeks around a corner or something at me I'll say "Wheres mommys mooshy?" and she'll come running saying "Im here mommy!!" Its soooo cute.:love:

Gosh I Love my babies.

When my twins were very little, my DH called our daughter Peanut, or Pea for short. My son had trouble saying his long name so when his sister introduced herself as Pea, he'd say, "And I'm Me". Hence my username.

They're now 11, and she's still Pea once in a while. Especially when I haven't seen her for a while, it's like "Peeeea!!" and we hug. :love2: Only a few others call her that on occasion. DS OTOH, hasn't called himself Me since he began talking. We call him by the shorter version of his name, or Sparky/Sparkster if we're teasing him. pirate:

These are cute stories, all. :cutie:

I call Kendall "Punkin" or "Kendall Wendall". I have no idea why. Sometimes, she is "Kenny Wenny".

DD12: Cassandra= Cassie = Jelly Bean because when she was little she was very sweet!

Then she grew up :rotfl2: .

Younges DD Riley is Rileyroo.
Oldest DD Whitney is Whits or Whitters
Oldest DS Justin is Jus or Justy.

Nothing really original here. I don't personally care for pet names. Just me though I guess.

DD9 when she was little it was funny bunny, now its Spammy or Spamantha (not sure why)
DS8 Pierce "Arrow" (its a car), Percy
DD5 Lizzy bug, lazy bug, Eliza does nothing

We have a Justin and he has the same names..Just Jus and Justy Bear We also have a Christian and he is Love Bug, Baby Doll

Younges DD Riley is Rileyroo.
Oldest DD Whitney is Whits or Whitters
Oldest DS Justin is Jus or Justy.

Nothing really original here. I don't personally care for pet names. Just me though I guess.

My whole life I have been called "Bella" by my parents, as well as my other relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins). Sometimes they repeat it so I'm "Bella-bella-bella". It's short for my original first name, Annabel.

Jasper (6) is the only one with a nickname and we all call him Spurs. Oh, and DH will often refer to Lila (4) as Girl(ie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter