Parents of girls: What would you do?

canadian_ehngel

Mouseketeer
We're going to DLR the middle of October to surprise our daughters for their birthdays (trip is scheduled for right in between their 2 birthdays).
The last time we went was April 2010, and we let our oldest DD (who was 4 at the time) go to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Our youngest DD was 1.5 at the time, and obviously wasn't able to do this (and also wasn't interested in the least).
This time around, our oldest will be 6 (almost 7), and the youngest 4 (just barely). Our youngest is really into the younger Disney stuff (princesses/dresses, Disney Junior, etc), and would absolutely LOVE BBB. Our oldest LOVES the experience she had at BBB, still talks about it to this day, over 2 years later. She would absolutely LOVE going back. That said, she also really loves the "tween" type of Disney... Hannah Montana, that kind of thing. I think she would really enjoy Studio Disney 365. I'm torn though. She has great memories from BBB, but is old enough to love Studio Disney 365. What would you do? Stick with BBB, or go to the other place? I obviously can't ask her what she'd prefer lol.

Are they likely to get upset if one has something different to the other? I'd be leanng towards both doing BBB, she's only 6, plenty of time for the other one, especially if she doesn't know what she's missing!

Personally I don't like the Disney 365 makeover,I think it looks awful and way too much makeup for kids that age; BBB is a lot of glitter, but the eye makeup isn't as thick. If my kids weren't over the age limit we'd still be all over the BBB, and both of mine are tomboys.

My DD just loved her visit to Studio Disney and is looking forward to her next visit.

Here's a quick overview of what they do.

After choosing your hairstyle, they interview the child - rock star style - asking them their favorite colors, tv stars, movies, etc., and write it all down on a paper for them. Then the styling takes place, which is very fun to watch.

Afterwards they "parade" the child with their new "do" around the store, then give them a photo session, which you can purchase separately or as part of a deluxe package. My DD was on cloud nine for all the days the style was in. I think it lasted 3 days.

We've done both BBB & DS365, and they're basically the same thing (style/dress-up). One is princess, the other rock star. We loved them both. You won't go wrong either way, but if your DD is really into Hannah Montana, etc., then it's the way to go.

My daughters, both t-shirt-and-jeans kinda gals, looked at both. They picked BBB because it was inside the park. They also noticed that two of the styles are similar to the D360. I think they are called Disney Diva and Pop Princess? One actually adds strands of that colored hair. My girls are 11 year old twins and so they don't really want to dress up, they just want the experience.

Do you really think it will make that big of a difference to her? Is it worth another trip, another appointment, time away from parks, additional walking, etc?

My nine year old has done both. She won't do 365 again. The hair was WAY TOO TIGHT and when she told the girl she was hurting her it made little difference. I also felt it was just too much; too much makeup, hair too tight with too much hair spray and we ended up taking it out the next day. The outfit was cute enough, but why not have things that go together? It just wasn't our thing. But BBB is an experience we're all still talking about. She was thrilled with her Tink makeover. The glittery makeup was much more kid friendly, her hair was much cuter and didn't hurt, and the outfits have all the pieces for a complete look. We thought that one person would stay with her for the makeover but in the end my mom, my older daughter, and I all stayed with her the whole time because it was fun to watch and nice to be there. At Studio 365, we took turns waiting with her and going out to walk around DTD.

I would definitely choose BBB for both girls.
I am of the belief that a little girl needs to stay a little girl for as long as she can.

I would let them both do the BBB together. I speak from experience for the one time both of my girls did it together...it was awesome! It was my then-DD3's first time and my DD5.5 third. Talk to her about it and she what she says, but I know my DD7 would still like to do the BBB and every girl should get to do it once ;)

With that said, my DD7 now LOVES The Pirate's League and has done it twice, so she is convinced she is a true pirate princess and my DD4 really wants to do TPL. We were disappointed there wasn't one at DLR. Our BBB days may be behind us :sad1:

if Im wrong about this sorry but I thought there were a couple of styles they could pick from at BBB. The slicked up do that most of the girls get but there is a Pop Princess or Disney Diva. Right? Look up the menu if your older DD like HMontana then she might want to get the Pop Princess do instead of the Fantasy do. Then you dont have to go to two differant places

I realize all kids are different at different ages but when we went to DW in 10 I let my daughter's do it and they were I think 9 and 10 at the time. THey LOVED it and had fun with all the primping and then we got pics done at the Grand Floridian on the beach with them all pretty. So I think they would love it. They seem like just the right age.

I'd choose the BBB with no dresses. They can pick between three hairstyles (Fairytale, Diva, Pop Princess) and you could get them new outfits to more fit their styles to wear with their makeover. Perhaps Disney Store for youngest and Justice for the oldest.

Although I'm a mom of 2 little boys and no girls, I do have a 10 yr. old niece who is as much into Belle as she is Justin Bieber and the whole "tween scene", so I realize your dilemma! She'd enjoy either one equally... so which do you pick?

I'd tell you exactly what I'd tell my sister if she was taking my 10 yr. old niece along with her 4 yr. old twin sisters: go to BBB.

Not only do I agree with the previous poster about keeping little girls little and their being plenty of time for the other, I think it would be an awesome experience for your girls to share TOGETHER. And just think of the fabulous photo op it presents... Not to mention consolidating the appts. will save you time! The suggestion of taking your older daughter to pick out an outfit to go with her makeover made by another poster is a good one IMO if she doesn't come to the park already clad in a princess dress or doesn't want one from BBB.

Honestly, I WISH I had this dilemma... I'd LOVE to take my oldest niece to DLR (she's never been) but she lives in MI and my sister refuses to put her on a plane alone *sigh*. :goodvibes

I would definitely choose BBB for both girls.
I am of the belief that a little girl needs to stay a little girl for as long as she can.

Totally agree. And makes it easier to go to one place and your girls have that fab fun experience together. it's a win/win.

I don't know if the styles are still the same, but here is my DD with her "Pop Princess" hairstyle about 5 years ago when she was 7:

BBB3.jpg

BBB2.jpg

BBB, I wish they hadn't changed it to a max age, I had so much fun doing BBB for MY birthday a few years ago that I'd love to do it again. LOL I guess DD and I will just do our own BBB on her birthday before we go to the parks. :)

My girls both just did the Studio 365 makeover this past week. They have done the BBB one as well. Girls are 7 and 3, they both loved it and the makeup was not over the top and the hairstyle looked almost identical to the one robinb just posted.

Im kind of confused with the statement "let girls stay little for as long as they can", my little girls play in my wifes makeup all the time, as long as the makeup is done tastefully neither is a bad option. See picture below.

365.jpg

This mom of 2 girls spent time before our trip learning how to create a BBB in our hotel room. The girls had princess hair styles each day appropriate to the princess dresses they chose to wear that day. They had make up and accessories...and even glitter. They had seen all the pictures of the BBB before our trip, but they realized that they had even more fun because park time wasn't wasted and we had the money to spend on other things.

Wow, thank you so much for all of your responses! The majority of replies were for BBB. And I never thought about the fact that going to Studio Disney would take away from our park time! So that was pretty much the deciding factor for me. While my oldest does LOVE Hannah Montana, etc, she also LOVED her experience at BBB. And she did pick the Pop Princess style.

25552_10150155897490508_4272732_n.jpg

25552_10150155897470508_7868205_n.jpg

I'm definitely going to do Studio Disney another time! It's also something I think she'd really enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter