Parents of adult kids

My parents don't visit me often because they don't like the city, and also because I live in a small apartment with two roommates, so it's not like there's a lot of space. I visit them 3-4 times a year, though. It's just a few hours on the bus or the train - they're about 150 miles south of me.

Since they're starting to get up there in age now, I've been hinting at them that if they want to retire to Florida, maybe say the Orlando area, I wouldn't mind moving back in with them to help take care of my dad with his plethora of medical conditions. :lmao: (I'm an only child, I'm probably going to end up taking care of them sooner rather than later anyhow, so...)

I live with my oldest dd so I see her just about every day. Youngest dd lives close by so see her at least once a week.
My youngest son travels with his job (now in NC) so only see him every other month or so when he visits.
My oldest son lives 50 miles away and I have never been to their tiny apt because he did also travel for work but would visit me ever so often. He had a stroke 3 weeks ago & I saw him every day in the hospital for those 3 weeks, just moved him to rehab yesterday so will probably only see him once a week for awhile now.

My DBF's parents live in Florida and we live in NYC. We end up going to FL to visit at least twice a year if not more and they are always in NYC.

On the flip side my grandparents live in Texas as well as the rest of my family. My grandma has come to NYC once and that was for my graduation. I am sure she will come for my wedding and god willing she is still alive the birth of my kids and their birthdays. My cousin comes about once every other year. If my mother was still alive I can guarantee you she would be here at least once every year and would be begging me to come see her in Texas. I have to say my grandma lets me slack about coming home for the holidays but I am 100% sure my mother would have never let that fly.

I only visit with my parents for a couple of afternoons every few years.

It used to be once a year for a few days but my Mother drives me nuts so we don't go visit every year anymore. They no longer travel more than a couple of hours away from home.

I do skype with them about once a month now that my Dad has figured out how to do that.

We live halfway across the US from them.

We moved to FL from northern NH in May 2013. During the first two weeks of October 2013 we received three calls from NH-MA friends and relatives announcing they were coming for a visit Christmas week. :eek:

We told the last two that they were too late, the guest room was taken. The first cancellation came at another time and she and I went to Disney for a couple days.

The second (a couple) has yet to reschedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter