Parents can't go: Change party size?

stackyallred

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately, my parents had to cancel their reservation and won't be accompanying Dh, Ds and I. :( Does anyone know if I can call and have the amount of people on my ADRs changed? I think I've read that we can still show up and not be charged but I would hate to be keeping others from not getting an ADR if ours can be lessened. Any advice?

Unfortunately, my parents had to cancel their reservation and won't be accompanying Dh, Ds and I. :( Does anyone know if I can call and have the amount of people on my ADRs changed? I think I've read that we can still show up and not be charged but I would hate to be keeping others from not getting an ADR if ours can be lessened. Any advice?

Yes! They will reduce and you may open up spots for other people looking for ADRs. Thoughtful of you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'd see what's available online that's the same and change what you can and keep what you can't change. Definitely don't let anyone cancel your reservation before you have a new one made. Going from 5 to 3 is a difference in table size at most places.

I just did this not too long ago for our BOG since my parents ended up deciding not to come along. I just called the reservation line and explained it and they modified it down from 6 to 4 for me.

Thank you all! I will first see if I can't just rebook similar times myself and if not, I'll call and ask for the party size to be adjusted. I appreciate the help! :)

They can modify a reservation, no problem. I just did this last week because part of my party will not be able to make the dinner reservation I made for the first night. I was easily able to modify it from 8 to 3 people. Just make sure if you call that you specify that you don't want them to cancel and rebook the reservation that you want to modify it so that you don't lose it (which was a real possibility with the one I had- every restaurant at DHS is totally booked for dinner the night of my reservation). If they aren't willing to modify it, call back until you find someone who will do it this way for you.

They can modify a reservation, no problem. I just did this last week because part of my party will not be able to make the dinner reservation I made for the first night. I was easily able to modify it from 8 to 3 people. Just make sure if you call that you specify that you don't want them to cancel and rebook the reservation that you want to modify it so that you don't lose it (which was a real possibility with the one I had- every restaurant at DHS is totally booked for dinner the night of my reservation). If they aren't willing to modify it, call back until you find someone who will do it this way for you.

Thanks! This is very valuable advice and I will be sure to double check that it is a modification only with whomever we speak to. :) Glad it worked for you!

If you call and modify your reservation you don't even have to change the times. I had 5 reservations changed yesterday because my party went from 2 to 6 for 3 days and from 2 to 8 for four days!

If you call and modify your reservation you don't even have to change the times. I had 5 reservations changed yesterday because my party went from 2 to 6 for 3 days and from 2 to 8 for four days!

Wow, they were able to add to your party that easily? Congrats! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter