Parenting trends you like?

PinkPixel

DIS Veteran
This has been a hard two years in the pandemic and a challenging time to raise kids. What parenting trends make you smile? What parenting trends do you like?

Parents focusing on their relationship or their own self-care being viewed as a benefit for the kids, rather than selfish. (Date night, mom’s night out, etc)

I was a SAHM and never once had a babysitter watch our kids. My husband and I went on our first kids-free trip ever (we didn’t even do a honeymoon) 18 years into our relationship. We had lots of quality time with the kids when they were young, but it probably would have been good for my mental health and I think I would have been a better mom if I had gotten some regular breaks.

I like how much more Fathers seem to be involved with the children. At least from what I have seen, they seem to take on a much more active role.
Absolutely. I remember my mom and my grandma constantly telling me how “lucky” I was that my husband helped with the kids. I think the younger generations view it as more normal that fathers would do the same parenting activities that mothers do (changing diapers, preparing food, etc).

I follow an account about reaching a goal of a certain number of hours for kids to be outside playing each year. My kids are young adults now- and they did spend a fair amount of time outside- but DD20 follows it too and I expect she will be a proponent of that with her kids. She is a Parks & Rec major after all.

I am a new mom with a son who will be 3 months old next week. I had planned to breastfeed and pump exclusively. I realized after a few weeks that the strain it put on my mental health far exceeded the benefits of not using formula. I am grateful that my doctor and the pediatrician listed without trying to shame me for pivoting to using a combo of my milk and formula.

1. Less judging of parents choosing to make whatever non-dangerous decisions they like to include home schooling, breastfeeding or not, working or not working, etc.
2. Better food in public school (although I did love American chop suey, whatever that was)

My son is 4. I like the community the internet offers to parents -- you can find a group of people who parent like you anywhere in the world via social media.

I'm a big fan of attachment parenting, respecting children as actual humans with feelings and rights, and am grateful for what I can learn in today's connected, global world.

My son is 4. I like the community the internet offers to parents -- you can find a group of people who parent like you anywhere in the world via social media.

I'm a big fan of attachment parenting, respecting children as actual humans with feelings and rights, and am grateful for what I can learn in today's connected, global world.
I love to hear that. Is there a group you recommend? I don’t spend a lot of time on socials anymore.

I love to hear that. Is there a group you recommend? I don’t spend a lot of time on socials anymore.
I LOVE Dr. Becky with Good Inside on Instagram; she also has a podcast. I also really enjoy Simple Families with Denaye Barahona - she has Instagram, a podcast, website, and I think a community Facebook group.

If you search on FB based on your parenting interests, you'll find some. I do Raising Little Wilds (outdoor emphasis) and a few attachment parenting ones!

When I see children entertaining themselves with something other than a device. Seeing a child looking at a book, coloring, playing with a toy makes me smile. Bravo to their parents for instilling this in them, because there’s so much more to life than always having your eyes glued to a device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter