• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parental permission form

LdnCpl

<font color=blue>We tell ourselves "one day closer
In March we are taking our 14yo nephew to DisneyWorld. We have mentioned to his mother that we will need the letter from her saying it was ok for him to go with us. The nephew has not had any contact with his father in many, many years and neither has his mother. He is still alive but like I said, they'd both had zero contact. Do we still need to get his signature and ok? That's providing we can find him.

Not sure about Canada's laws but the US only requires a noterized letter(at least 4 years ago they did-may have changed) from the custodial parent to enter Canada. Can you call you local govt. representative? They may at least have a contact for you. Dont forget to include the right to recieve medical treatment for him in the letter.

If you are traveling with children, remember to bring identification for them. A parent traveling with his or her young child, without the other parent, should be able to present a notarized statement of custody, a copy of divorce/custody papers or written authorization from the other parent. Persons under 18 years of age who are not accompanied by an adult should bring a letter with them from a parent or guardian giving them permission to travel into USA.

In March we are taking our 14yo nephew to DisneyWorld. We have mentioned to his mother that we will need the letter from her saying it was ok for him to go with us. The nephew has not had any contact with his father in many, many years and neither has his mother. He is still alive but like I said, they'd both had zero contact. Do we still need to get his signature and ok? That's providing we can find him.

You do not require his signature.If you are flying and the mother is applying for a passport they will need the long form birth certificate, any custody and divorce decree documents.(If applicable). They will need to also fill out a form detailing last known whereabouts of the father. If you are driving or flying within the the US, you will still require all the documents (minus the passport and form detailing last known whereabouts of the birth father.) I mentioned in addition to a letter of notarized consent to travel from the mother and a consent for medical treatment. You must carry the custody and divorce decree documents in addition the notarized letter of consent with you at all times no matter which way you choose to travel.
hth:)

I must add that you may want to bring a note that says you are able to provide medical care for your nephew. If something happens you won't have to worry about not being able to do anything.

I took my neice/nephew to Disney 2 years ago & I had a letter from their parents. It also indicated that either me or their grandparents(we joined them there) could ok any medical help if required. I was asked for it at customs upon entry back into Canada. I was never asked for it going down, I guess they just assumed they were my kids as we all have the same last name.

My husband and I have taken each of our grandchildren on a special trip outside the country with various international destinations. Here is the form we used. It covers both travel consent as well as authorization for emergency medical treatment should it become necessary. Although this particular form is geared for the US, it can be modified for Canadians.

http://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/child-travel-consent/

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter