Parent Swap for older kids?

94bruin

DIS Veteran
Is parent swap only for kids that don't reach the height requirements? Or can it be used for tall-enough kids that don't want to ride? I think it can - especially if the kid is younger, like my 4yo.

But we are going with another family, and their 11 yo isn't fond of roller coasters. Would it work for him?

Is parent swap only for kids that don't reach the height requirements? Or can it be used for tall-enough kids that don't want to ride? I think it can - especially if the kid is younger, like my 4yo.

But we are going with another family, and their 11 yo isn't fond of roller coasters. Would it work for him?

Im not sure what the purpose would be ? So an adult could wait with him while others ride? At 11 they can wait on their own so I don't see the cast members issuing a rider swap.

- Dreams

Heh heh - I hadn't thought about older kids being able to wait by themselves, lol! We're not there yet with my own kids.

I suppose that's what he'll have to do.

Thanks!

My DD11 refuses to ride CS. She goes through the line with us, scoots through the coaster and waits at the exit. There is a yellow line she has to stay behind and she will usually go find a corner to wait in. We come back and all go through the exit together. She has been doing this for a couple years with no problems. She does not like ToT either but goes through the line and waits in the little hallway outside the elevator. The CM's are in and out of there and keep an eye on her while she waits. She likes watching the CM's act spooky and watching people come off the ride. I would not make her wait at all if it were not for her daredevil sister, who is 8. But I explained DL is for all of us and if you do not want to ride, you have to learn to wait at the exits for those that do! I think a 4 y/o would still warrant a ride swap but I bet it would only be for height requirement rides. I think someone will have to stay with them otherwise. Have fun!

My DD11 refuses to ride CS. She goes through the line with us, scoots through the coaster and waits at the exit. There is a yellow line she has to stay behind and she will usually go find a corner to wait in. We come back and all go through the exit together. She has been doing this for a couple years with no problems. She does not like ToT either but goes through the line and waits in the little hallway outside the elevator. The CM's are in and out of there and keep an eye on her while she waits. She likes watching the CM's act spooky and watching people come off the ride. I would not make her wait at all if it were not for her daredevil sister, who is 8. But I explained DL is for all of us and if you do not want to ride, you have to learn to wait at the exits for those that do! I think a 4 y/o would still warrant a ride swap but I bet it would only be for height requirement rides. I think someone will have to stay with them otherwise. Have fun!

Thanks for the idea. I think my friends would be more comfortable with this option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter