Parasols ok in line?

I carried a small umbrella with us on our last trip in August of 2019.
I would not go without one again.
It was also very handy when the afternoon downpours started!
I got a Disney vera umbrella, it fits nicely into our little backpack when we are on rides or indoors.

Go watch shows, sit outside the exit of a shop, ride walk on rides, and to get into ac I would 100% buy a drink and than go sit for 30+45 min.
Walk on rides are a thing of the past, IMO. There's also a chance that the wait for a show will be outside. So the only feasible option here would be to buy a drink (if they let you just get a drink) to sit inside, or hang out in a store for an hour or so. Sadly, hanging out in a store gets boring because Disney has the same merchandise in just about every store. But it is possible to hunt for a few unique things while waiting. Taking a break out of the heat back in the resort room still makes more sense to me.

Walk on rides are a thing of the past, IMO. There's also a chance that the wait for a show will be outside. So the only feasible option here would be to buy a drink (if they let you just get a drink) to sit inside, or hang out in a store for an hour or so. Sadly, hanging out in a store gets boring because Disney has the same merchandise in just about every store. But it is possible to hunt for a few unique things while waiting. Taking a break out of the heat back in the resort room still makes more sense to me.
I mean I watch daily vloggers and walk on are not a thing of the past. Most shows are "wait 10-15 min " till next show. Let's make a list.

Mk- philharmonic, country bears, American history, cop. Sometimes walkon are Mermaid, people moved, laugh floor.

Many places in mk to sit in the shade, behind the Xmas shop, right side of main street where they make the umbrellas, tomorrow land terrace, Cheshire cat cafe has tables not policed by cast members, bathroom area near crystal palace and tangled toilets.

Hs- muppets, star tours is shade and inside line, less walk-ons here but the shows are hit or miss with how busy.

Places to sit are plentiful here. Behind ToT , all the seating for the qs on that road, behind the dino , over by frozen show. Star wars building where they used to do the meet and greets. Benches inside and ac.

Epcot shows will mostly all be walk-on but standing shows but in ac.

Lost of places to sit here I won't name them with a umbrella and shade Epcot should be no issues waiting for das.

Ak- all the walking trails are under shade with lots of benches along the way, conservation station, bird show, though to be a bug.

Again AK has alot of non policed seating areas behind quick services. Some ever have great views of kite tails.

This is without going in shops or buying food/drink. I actually have a full list of resting places but this is just off the top of my head thus not remembering names.

I mean I watch daily vloggers and walk on are not a thing of the past. Most shows are "wait 10-15 min " till next show. Let's make a list.

This is without going in shops or buying food/drink. I actually have a full list of resting places but this is just off the top of my head thus not remembering names.
Thanks for the list, I'm adding it to my lists :)

Any way to get the full list lol :)
Just looked and the mk list I forgot the tiki room, Pinocchio seating up top, and Colombia harbor house. This is if they don't look for mobile order.

Hs I didn't put the places to get a quick drink but get ac. If you want my full list it includes places like this heh.

Mk- philharmonic, country bears, American history, cop. Sometimes walkon are Mermaid, people moved, laugh floor.

Many places in mk to sit in the shade, behind the Xmas shop, right side of main street where they make the umbrellas, tomorrow land terrace, Cheshire cat cafe has tables not policed by cast members, bathroom area near crystal palace and tangled toilets.

Hs- muppets, star tours is shade and inside line, less walk-ons here but the shows are hit or miss with how busy.

Places to sit are plentiful here. Behind ToT , all the seating for the qs on that road, behind the dino , over by frozen show. Star wars building where they used to do the meet and greets. Benches inside and ac.

Epcot shows will mostly all be walk-on but standing shows but in ac.

Lost of places to sit here I won't name them with a umbrella and shade Epcot should be no issues waiting for das.

Ak- all the walking trails are under shade with lots of benches along the way, conservation station, bird show, though to be a bug.

Again AK has alot of non policed seating areas behind quick services. Some ever have great views of kite tails.

You lost me at "I watch the vloggers" - the point of the vloggers is to get you to watch; they don't have to be accurate. There's just as much outside shade using a parasol (as the OP asked) as sitting outside. I was talking about indoor AC, as that seemed to be the goal of getting DAS, that one could wait in the AC somewhere.

Just looked and the mk list I forgot the tiki room, Pinocchio seating up top, and Colombia harbor house. This is if they don't look for mobile order.

Hs I didn't put the places to get a quick drink but get ac. If you want my full list it includes places like this heh.
I will take anything. I'm an overplanner. So if it helps me not die in the heat I will read/watch/note anything I can

You lost me at "I watch the vloggers" - the point of the vloggers is to get you to watch; they don't have to be accurate. There's just as much outside shade using a parasol (as the OP asked) as sitting outside. I was talking about indoor AC, as that seemed to be the goal of getting DAS, that one could wait in the AC somewhere.
Seems op liked my comments and sound helpful so let's just stop being so aggressive. If you read my list it makes sense for what op is looking for or could use.

Parasols are fine, hoop skirts are bad and Conestoga wagons are not allowed outside Frontierland.

Dang it. I'm bringing my hoop skirt next time. What am I going to do???

On the serious side I get overheated often. Drink lots of water, gatoraid,. I don't carry a parasol but I wear a hat with a seriously large brim. In the Toyko Disneyland videos I have been watching they have a sun umbrella which many carry. And I want one.

Seems op liked my comments and sound helpful so let's just stop being so aggressive. If you read my list it makes sense for what op is looking for or could use.
No intent to be aggressive, but the OP was talking about avoiding heat, which doesn't really happen in just shade. The queues that have large outdoor sections have put up umbrellas and large blowing/misting fans in the past, at least when we are there in August.
This is also something I would look at a DAS pass for. The last thing you want to deal with is getting very out of whack and spending your whole day trying to get blood sugar back in the zone. This is a perfect example of a condition that might make not waiting in a long outdoor queue necessary.

Thanks. We are there for 11 days. The plan is to see how it goes first. I don't wanna get DAS if it's not necessary, I feel it's needed elsewhere.
We are both diabetics who live somewhere where 88 degrees is a hot day with no humidity. So it might become an option. I'm hoping a neck fan and parasol will keep me cool enough that the rest stays in check :)
I still suggest taking a break midday to beat the heat, get your blood sugar stable, etc.
Go watch shows, sit outside the exit of a shop, ride walk on rides, and to get into ac I would 100% buy a drink and than go sit for 30+45 min.

I will take anything. I'm an overplanner. So if it helps me not die in the heat I will read/watch/note anything I can
Sitting in many of the listed places may be a bit cooler, but it's still going to be hot enough to make you feel it. Most queues are just as shaded, and have large fans in place.
Thanks I have been debating. I burn bad so worried with my luck the top of my head will probably burn
Sunblock is your friend, as is the afternoon break in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter