Parasailing on Castaway Cay - 1st timer questions!

cpc430

Mouseketeer
I will be parasailing with my husband next month in Castaway Cay. Super excited about it! This is our 1st time parasailing and I have some questions.

- What should I wear? I'll be in a swimsuit from being on the beach but should I change to shorts and a shirt? Do I have to worry about rope burns from the harnesses?

- Can I bring a camera? Or is that a bad idea? I'd bring my small point and shoot that also has video if I did.

- Is there a place to put our stuff? We parasail at 12:30 and are also planning to rent snorkel equipment. Should we just get that afterwards? Or can we rent in the morning, return and then get again if we still wanted to snorkel? We'd also have our towels, sun screen, etc. our two kids would be at Scuttles cove when we parasail.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and reply!! Any other tips would be appreciated!!

You can wear a swimsuit. You will not be harmed by the harness. I have also worn a swimsuit and cover up.

I have only taken a waterproof disposable camera. I would say as long as you have a wrist strap on the camera, it would be okay.

You can take your stuff on the boat with you. You place your stuff under the benches on the boat during the excursion.

Have fun!

I used a disposable waterproof camera in 2010 when we parasailed at CC. It did not take the best shots ......loved parasailing....very quiet up there...almost silent....enjoy:cloud9:

We did this back in September of 2012 at Castaway Cay. You can take your stuff and put it under the seat of the boat; there's plenty of room. The harness is comfortable and you won't get burns from it. I brought along my little waterproof digital video camera (google search Kodak Zx5, they're cheap). Here is a video I took of the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rQWVg2_f4

(pardon my annoying commentary)

This looks like so much fun!!!! We will be on Castaway Cay on my 60th Birthday. What an awesome way to spend the day! What does this cost?

Wear a swimsuit and a short.
I took a disposable water proof camera to take up with me. If you have a group of 3 or 4, bring the digital carmer for the boat.
On take off they give you the option on how wet you will get on landing, from dry to a dunk.
They tandem kids, and will ask adults if the want to.

Also bring cash for tipping

Hope this helps

You board the parasail boat right by the ship. If you didn't want to haul your stuff on the boat, you could take it back to your stateroom. Just wanted to mention that as another option :)

You board the parasail boat right by the ship. If you didn't want to haul your stuff on the boat, you could take it back to your stateroom. Just wanted to mention that as another option :)

This is actually a good point. It might be worth it to just do that.:thumbsup2

Bring cash is an excellent point. I did it in May, and they guys running it were so great, I really wanted to tip them, but I never thought to bring cash.

Is it better to go tandem with two adults? Do they give you a little more time?

Thanks for all the replies and tips!! It's all super helpful and I loved the video with commentary. :)

Is it better to go tandem with two adults? Do they give you a little more time?

Thanks for all the replies and tips!! It's all super helpful and I loved the video with commentary. :)

:lmao: Thanks. I always cringe every time I hear my stupid comments on video.

Our experience was that we went in pairs and they didn't give us the option of going individually but I'm not sure if that's common. You might want to make sure you're comfortable with the person you're going with. I had to literally wrap my legs around my wife to keep my knees from slamming into the back of her repeatedly as we were "swinging" back and forth.

If I booked this for me and my 2 sons, does anyone know how we are paired? Will I go up with each son? They are 8 +10

Thank you

Don't bring a lot of stuff with you on the boat - you won't need it. You will be asked to leave your shoes on the dock when you board the boat, and they will be fine there. I wear a swimsuit but also a pair of shorts so the wide nylon straps don't rub. If you wear a ballcap or hat make sure it is secure because it's pretty breezy bouncing along in the boat out to where they start the parasailing.

You can choose to go tandem or single. They tried to talk my DH and I into going tandem but we would have exceeded the weight limit, and we both wanted our own experience. I don't think there is a discount for going tandem. You have to weigh at least 90 pounds to go single, so children usually go tandem with another child or an adult.

If you want to get a little bit wet, ask the driver to slow down enough to let your feet dangle in the water while they reel you in. I wore contact lenses so I made sure he knew not to dunk me, but just let me get my feet wet. You take off and land right on the back of the boat so you don't have to get wet unless you want to. Have fun!

When I went with my son a couple of years ago, we had to ride tandem that day because of the wind. He weighed next to nothing and I... well, we won't discuss that. That was the only time I have ridden tandem. It isn't bad, but I prefer solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter