• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parasailing Experience Feedback

I did it at CC and loved ever minute of it. I found it to be very smooth, the boat ride itself was worse than the parasailing part. it was 75.00 per person and is now 79.00 pp to do it on CC. My only disappointment was that I didn't bring my camera up with me. I was dunked to my waist.

eeyoreforever:

You're funny! :rotfl2: I'll watcy YOU go first and then I'll try. :thumbsup2

I think I will do it though after reading this!

Bumping this. Anyone with negative experiences? Any info about how they do it. My understanding is you are launched from a boat and then cranked back into the boat when the "flight" is over? Any details?

Thanks.

My wife did parasailing at the CR two years ago and loved it...very calm and peaceful, very safe...my wife is not a risk taker and doesn't even know how to swim yet she was perfectly fine with it and wants to do it again.

Well - I've made up my mind. We are definitely going to do this. I guess I need to call them and find out if you need reservations in advance or if you can just show up the day you want to do it.

Cruella 66 - Are you still in???

Update - I just called and although they do recommend reservations, he said you can try to call the morning of or the day before. Depending on the weather, times may get pushed back.

I also asked if they do any kind of pictures and he said they do a package for $25. I believe he said they take about 18 pictures and they have pictures that they have taken around Disney which is included on the disc. You are also allowed to take your camera up with you to take pictures from the air.

I'm gonna try to do this the first part of our trip in case we have any trouble getting in.

I was hesitating to respond because I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer but the OP wanted to know if anyone had a negative experience...so here goes. Note, this was not associated with Disney at all. Almost 8 years ago my cousin who was about 37 and her daughter who was 12 were vacationing in Ft Meyers, Fl and did a tandem parasail. They were very high up and the tandem bar(?) broke and they landed in about 3 feet of water and were rushed to the emergency room but very sadly, neither of them survived. I'm not sure if laws have changed but at the time, there were no regulations or inspections on equipment for these parasailing companies. So my advice would be to make sure you go to a reputable company. I would think any company associated with Disney would be on the up and up. But, don't hesitate to ask questions. I always thought I wanted to try it before this tragedy happened but I don't think I'll ever be able to now.

We're thinking of doing this too, any recommendations over which is better, at WDW Bay Lake or Castaway Cay? Or indeed Nassau if they also do it there!

Well, I chickened out...:rolleyes1

Maybe in the fall when I come back for F&W.:woohoo:

Aaahh - you should definitely do it next time. We did do it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. It really wasn't scary. I did a solo flight and my dd's did a tandem flight. At first I thought that 8-10 minutes wasn't going to be long enough, but it was just the right amount of time. If I can figure out how to post a picture (or get my dd to), I'll post some of ours.

Thanks! I'd love to see the picture. My sister and I are doing a sister trip in the fall...I'll try then! :laughing:

We did this last year, 8 of us. My husband and I took our adult children and their spouses. I was the only one who was afraid and I remained afraid during the entire flight. That 8-10 minutes was the longest of my life. The rest of the family loved it. Between the cost to send 8 adults up plus the gratuities for the driver and the woman who put us in/out of the harnesses, it was a pretty expensive morning. They all want to go again next time but I think I'll stay on the ground.

I am terrified of heights and water, but was convinced to Parasail at Myrtle Beach last summer by my wife. Once we were lifted up, my wife was panicky and I thought it was one of the most relaxing things ever.

There were no real safety concerns. I would do it again.

Here they are
368420803.jpg
368420733.jpg

368420651.jpg
368420600.jpg

368419483.jpg
368419465.jpg

368419446.jpg

368419350.jpg

These are some my oldest DD took up in the air.
368418890.jpg
368418859.jpg

368418833.jpg
368418801.jpg

Wow! Great pictures!

Now, can you tell me how they got you all up and down without touching the water??? The gators, poisonous snakes (or snakes in general) and brain eating amoeba's have me not wanting to even put a toe in that water!:scared1:

Wow! Great pictures!

Now, can you tell me how they got you all up and down without touching the water??? The gators, poisonous snakes (or snakes in general) and brain eating amoeba's have me not wanting to even put a toe in that water!:scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:The brain eating amoeba's really weren't that bad - they stop after 2 or 3 brain cells.

I wasn't sure how it was going to work either, but they strap you in your gear while sitting on the boat. Then they put you on the back of the boat - a flat area and hook you to the parachute. You sit on your butt and they release the cable on the parachute and it literally lifts you right off the boat. You are completely up in the air in a matter of seconds. To reel you back in they just start retracting the cable and it just pulls you back in to the back of the boat and it drops you right back where you started from - on your butt. As soon as you land, they start hollering to stand up and start unhooking you.

My dd's got an added bonus. The guy hooking us up was a "hot guy" as described by them. I think they were more busy observing him than watching me on my flight.

My oldest dd took a camera up with her and took pics from the air. I wish I had done that as well and would recommend doing it to anyone comtemplating doing this.

I did buy the cd from them. Actually, it isn't a cd. They take the card out of the camera and give it to you. It said the price was $25 and would include about 8 stock photos and that they would take photos as well. When I purchased it, they charged me $17 for it and I think they probably took at least 40 pictures of my flight and then my dd's flight. They combined our flights as one purchase which I wasn't sure if they would do or not.

If anyone else has any questions, I'll be glad to try and answer.

Cruella - I'll be watching this thread to see your pictures in the near future. :rotfl2:

I have wanted to do this at WDW for years, but I can't get anyone to do it with me. I'll try & convince my mom to do it with me this Oct. She's afraid of the water, but I keep telling her you don't go in it & you have a life jacket on anyway. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter