Parasailing at CC

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
Anyone done this excursion? DSis and I are doing it in Sept., but I wondered if anyone had done it and what you thought. We are soooooo excited!!!

My DD and I did this on CC during our first cruise in August 2003. It was so quiet and peaceful floating above the water. We both enjoyed our flight!!! Below is a photo of us parasailing on CC, the photo was taken with my camera by someone on the boat.
My%20Pictures0047.jpg

That picture is awesome! We have always said we are going to do that "next" trip and still haven't gotten around to it! I think that picture inspired me to make it happen this time!

donaldsgal said:
Anyone done this excursion? DSis and I are doing it in Sept., but I wondered if anyone had done it and what you thought. We are soooooo excited!!!

We've done it twice! I was worried about the safety issue, but couldn't have been more impressed with the people running it! They were a lot of fun, but everything was secondary to safety!

The two trips were totally different! The first "flight" was very peaceful and the weather was nice and warm. The 2nd trip, the weather was VERY windy. All they had to do was turn the boat into the wind, and you were off!! The boat didn't move at all!

It's been our experience that sometimes the afternoon flights get cancelled due to weather, but I've also read on here that the morning flights may get cancelled due to temps. I'd say, if the weather is great, you will NOT be disappointed!

This may be a silly question...but what do you wear parasailing? A swimsuit or shorts? Also, do they dip you in the water?

My FIL and DH did this last October. They enjoyed it alot. The day was windy so only four out of the boat load was able to do the excursion.
FIL and DH wore their swim trunks and a tee shirt.

My DD and I got dunked as did everyone on our boat. I know this doesn't happen all the time, but the dunking was fun. Luckily, DD and I had on our swimsuits.

ShannonRT said:
This may be a silly question...but what do you wear parasailing? A swimsuit or shorts? Also, do they dip you in the water?

We wore our bathing suits. Our first time, I didn't participate in the razzing going on on the boat, and they didn't dip me. I guess they thought I was gonna be mad. They really are good at what they do, and only get your feet wet unless they get the impression you're OK with getting more wet. We did see one time that a brother /sister went tandem, and to get the boy wet they really dunked his sister. He was behind and above her. I was glad it wasn't me! I don't think they try to get you wet on cold days, though.

But if you go with someone, and that someone convinces them "Oh, they won't mind" they will dunk you, so only go with people you like!

We had parasailing reserved for our cruise the first week of May and it was cancelled due to winds. The entire day was cancelled. People were not happy, mostly because the operators were 45 minutes late getting there (they boat over from a neighboring island) and we had the first time - 10:00am I believe. They got there at 10:45 and said all of the 10:00 and 10:30 people were cancelled due to winds, and they would start back up with the 11:00 people if they died down. We were ticked off! They should've started with the people who were waiting there for an hour, but they basically told us 'tough luck' - I thought it was very poor service. We were cancelled because they were late. I went straight to the ship and got my refund, but I would've much preferred parasailing.

Jsme said:
My FIL and DH did this last October. They enjoyed it alot. The day was windy so only four out of the boat load was able to do the excursion.
FIL and DH wore their swim trunks and a tee shirt.

Why is that - because of weight or willingness to risk it or what? Just curious.

So which is better - early in the day or later? Right now we're scheduled for 10:30. I would be REALLY bummed if we couldn't do it because of the operators getting there late (I already missed out on the cabana massages :( ).

DD and I went out at 10:30 for our flight. Worked out great because as soon as we got finished the parasailing, Cookies opened up for lunch!!!

donaldsgal said:
Why is that - because of weight or willingness to risk it or what? Just curious.

We did parasailing in the afternoon.

My 2 DD's and I were all scheduled to go individually, but they had my 14 yr. old go tandem with me because they felt it was getting too breezy for her to go alone. 17 yr. old was fine - so yes, size/weight does play into it.

The driver made the call and they said when it's a safety issue there's no discussion.

We wore swimsuits with board shorts over.

As for the dunking, some folks on our trip didn't touch the water at all.
DD 17 just got her toes a bit, but they got the two of us that went tandem twice.... and pretty good both times. Maybe because DD was a bit disappointed that she couldn't go alone so they wanted to make sure she had fun.

Sure wish we had another trip scheduled - we'd go again in a heartbeat!

Dh and I did this for my 50th birthday. It was awesome. We did the last flight out in the afternoon, April 04! I keep making comments about being anxious, and the guys on the boat said they wouldn't do anything that was unsafe. DH and I went tandem and we're no light weights. It was great fun! Hope to do it again when we cruise Aug. 06. Also want to do the banana boats!

Is there a weight limit on tandem flights? My DD will be 10 when we cruise in December and weighs about 110 pounds. I don't think she can go alone right?

ShannonRT said:
Is there a weight limit on tandem flights? My DD will be 10 when we cruise in December and weighs about 110 pounds. I don't think she can go alone right?

375 weight limit, either for single or tandem flights, per the Passporter's DCL guide.

ShannonRT said:

According to the Disney Excursion Booklet: Guests must be at least 8 years of age and weigh more than 90lbs. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter