Paramount and free breakfast vouchers w/ ticket purchase

TWIRLYWIG

Mouseketeer
Is Paramount still giving away free breakfast vouchers with the purchase of 6 and 7 day hoppers?

Thanks!

they were as of about a week ago( last time I checked before we decided to get an AP instead)

Check floridaorlandotickets.com , I saw they now sell the vouchers and have a free childs b'ft offer going on now. HTH! :wave:

Thanks guys. I am trying to decide between an AP and a 7 day park hopper. I can upgrade to an AP at the parks if I decide that's what would work best. For now, since my trip is close, I'm just going to go for the 7 dayer and enjoy those vouchers too. I'll check out floridaorlandotickets.com before anything.

Have a great day!

Twirly

Originally posted by TWIRLYWIG
...I am trying to decide between an AP and a 7 day park hopper. I can upgrade to an AP at the parks if I decide that's what would work best....

Yes, you can upgrade a Paramount ticket to an AP but beware that it will cost you more than if you bought it from Disney in the first place. You will only get credited for the wholesale cost of the Paramount ticket when upgrading, not what you actually paid for it. You do not come out ahead when upgrading these wholesale tickets to AP's like you do when you purchased the PHP's.

Oh boy! Too late! I just ordered my Paramount tickets. I thought that they would be treated the same as any other 7-day hopper. Rosa said that the tickets would be sent on Monday. Am I too late to make a change? Well thanks. At least I won't be surpised at Disney World.

Twirly

Originally posted by TWIRLYWIG
...I just ordered my Paramount tickets. I thought that they would be treated the same as any other 7-day hopper...

They are like any other 7 day PHP's as far as using them for the 7 major and 4 plus admissions at WDW goes. Where they have a major difference comes when you go to upgrade them as you are planning to do.

Example: You buy the 7 day PHP from Paramount for $301. You made out very well since the same ticket from at Disney's advance purchase price would have been $326.97. You saved nearly $26 and you got a free breakfast, too. Nice going!

But now you go to Disney and decide that you want to upgrade to an AP. Disney will only give you credit for the wholesale price that it sold that ticket to Paramount for. A good rule of thumb is subtract 12-15% from what you paid and you should be in the neighborhood of what you'll get credit for. So your $301 ticket will get approximately $265 (on the high side) worth of credit unused, even less if used at all. Why don't you get the entire amount of what you paid Paramount? Because they add a profit margin and their shipping costs to the wholesale price and Disney isn't about to credit you for that.

Disney charges $392.99 for the AP. So now you will have to pay $392.99 minus $265 = $127.99 to upgrade the ticket to an AP. Since you already paid $301 to Paramount and now you'll pay Disney $127.99 more to upgrade to the AP, you will have paid $428.99 out of pocket to get there. Even figuring in your breakfast voucher at $20, you'll still lose about $17 in the deal. You would have been better off in the long run to wait and buy your AP from Disney and pay for the character breakfast if you still wanted it.

My figures are not accurate to the penny but should be fairly close.

Buying and using the tickets as is from a wholesaler is a good move. Upgrading them to an AP never is. Not only will you lose any discount you got by buying from the wholesaler but you'll pay the dollar amount equivilent to the profit margin and shipping a second time to Disney. You can't come out ahead doing this transaction. You'd be much better off waiting and buying the AP directly from Disney in the first place.

Thank you so much Golden for taking the time to post this. It may not be too late to do a turn around. You explained the how and why of Disney's policy well. I can see why they have it. I'll e-mail Paramount and call them 1st thing in the morning. If I am stuck with the 7 day php's, well at least I got a good deal. All's not lost. I did however post another thread before I saw your reply. At least someone else may avoid my mistake.

Have a great day.

Twirly

Another considration is that you have 4 plus features with your 7 Day PHP passes that you won't have with an annual pass so if you are going to do water parks you will add more cost to the trip. Don't know how they would handle an upgrade if you used a plus feature first and no park days before upgrading. If they still gave you the wholesale amount you would then break out about even. Good luck, you have a lot of things to consider and I am sure your original posting will help others weigh all sides before purchasing their passes.

Originally posted by castleri
Another considration is that you have 4 plus features with your 7 Day PHP passes that you won't have with an annual pass so if you are going to do water parks you will add more cost to the trip. Don't know how they would handle an upgrade if you used a plus feature first and no park days before upgrading. If they still gave you the wholesale amount you would then break out about even....

If you use a plus feature with or without a major park admission within the first seven days of use and upgrade within that time frame, you will only be allowed to upgrade to a PAP and the pass will be backdated to the date you first used an admission. They would still give you the entire wholesale amount but now you'd be required to purchase a PAP rather than an AP so you'll be paying out even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter