Paradisio 37 and Downtown Disney construction

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We have a day planned at Downtown Disney before MVMCP and would like opinions on Paradisio 37. We are staying at PO-FQ and will be riding the boat and doing some shopping and eating lunch. We have not been to WDW since this restaurant opened and it looks like something we would enjoy. The grilled meat skewers, crazy corn, and cold beer have piqued my interest.

I saw the pictures of how the dining area overlooks the lake. Has the Downtown Disney construction affected the view? I would really like to have a relaxing meal while overlooking the lake. If this is not possible due to construction, we may try Wolfgang Puck Express or the Earl of Sandwich.

Any help would be appreciated.

We have a day planned at Downtown Disney before MVMCP and would like opinions on Paradisio 37. We are staying at PO-FQ and will be riding the boat and doing some shopping and eating lunch. We have not been to WDW since this restaurant opened and it looks like something we would enjoy. The grilled meat skewers, crazy corn, and cold beer have piqued my interest.

I saw the pictures of how the dining area overlooks the lake. Has the Downtown Disney construction affected the view? I would really like to have a relaxing meal while overlooking the lake. If this is not possible due to construction, we may try Wolfgang Puck Express or the Earl of Sandwich.

The boat from POFQ will now drop you right off at Paradiso 37 since the Marketplace dock is closed due to construction right now. So it will make it convenient if you want to have lunch first or last after your shopping. You will be able to see construction on the lake. It's impossible to go anywhere in DTD right now and not see or be affected by construction. I don't think Paradiso will be any different from WPE or EoS as far as construction goes. Not sure how crowded it will be when you go (you said sometime during the holiday season for MVMCP, but there are crowded and less crowded times), but we were there a couple of weeks ago (peak time) and it was CRAZY crowded :eek:
This was a night though. Hopefully it won't be as crowded during the day.
Happy planning!

I am getting worried about this myself except we are going to Raglan Road and T-Rex. I really want to try RR and can't give up T-Rex but from what everyone says DTD is a mess. IDK what to do :confused3... Disney is pretty good about keeping things hidden and clean during construction. MK wasn't that bad during the New Fantasyland expansion. I wish there were some recent pictures that showed up close and personal what is going on.

I'm curious about this myself...
We have an ADR at Paradiso 37 on Sept 16 at 6:40 and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I know that September is a low crowd time and a Tuesday won't bring in too much of a crowd from locals, but just the thought of all the construction and being there in the later evening has me a bit worried.
I'm hoping for the best!

Go to DTD. The mess is the parking situation so if you are taking Disney transport you are fine. There is construction but it is being done in true Disney style with skrims to cover it. The views should be just fine.

Sept 2 update -- I wanted to note that the boat from POR/POFQ is back to docking at Marketplace. The new dock there is finished. The day the Marketplace dock re-opened, there was a notice that the central dock (the one near Paradiso 37) was now being closed due to DTD construction. OP will have to follow the walkways from the Marketplace dock to get to Paradiso 37. The construction walls may leave people confused as they trek thru DTD. When OP reaches Raglan Rd and Cookes of Dublin, they turn on that path, and Paradiso 37 is located just past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter