Paradise Point Tramway or Charlotte Amalie Walking Tour?

adisneymama

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if anyone has any info on the Paradise Point Tramway or Charlotte Amalie Historical Walking Tours?

DH will be doing the golf excursion at St. Thomas which leaves me with a 2 1/2 yr old daughter to fill the time with. I want to leave the ship and be able to look around and do a little shopping and then meet dh back on the ship after his excursion. Which would you recommend and why? We have never been on a cruise before nor have we been to St. Thomas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, have been told that I can shop right at the ship (small walk of course) is that true? If so, would I do better to take the tramway excursion then walk around the shops near the port and then go back on the ship?

I am so confused and need to book Tuesday! We are sailing on the Nov 13th cruise.

Thanks!

The Paradise Point Tramway was our favorte time off the ship when we went last September.. It's less than a 10 minute walk from the ship - the taxi drivers will try to convince you not to go but don't listen to them!
The view from the top of the mountain is amazing and there are some small shops, a cafe and a bird show that your dd may enjoy.

We took DD 4 & 2 on the tram in January & they both loved it. They could see the Mickey Boat from the tram. There is a place to eat on top & some shops.

The Havensight Mall is just across the "street" from the ship, maybe 100 yds. They have shops of all kinds, some "touristy" and some with really good quality stuff, even a drugstore if you need some over the counter stuff. I picked up a six pack of cokes after I ran out of the ones I brought in May before the sodas were free and my Aunt got some jewelry she had been wanting.

We went on the St. John Island tour, then at lunch on the ship and DD and I went shopping while DH imitated the guy on the Disney commercial and took a nap.

VERY convenient and would be fine to go by yourself if you wanted - just not as much fun. Find a girlfriend on the cruise meets and the two of you go and leave the guys on the ship!

Thanks, I think I am going to do the tramway and stay for her to see the birds. She saw them on the link and went crazy. Shop a little there and then go to the "mall" on the way back. Then onto the ship for some snacks and play in the pool maybe while we wait for dh to get back, then we'll all go for lunch. Maybe if time allows we will go back to the mall with dh if he wants. Other than that not much planned.

Thanks again, you have all been so much help!

The ride is less than 10 minutes either way, didn't time it, but it was very short.

adisneymama, they'll take your picture with the birds posing on you as well, with your camera, all you do is buy something from their shop, they have nice frames for said picture available, of course. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter