Paradise Pier Superthread

Thank you for the pictures!!! Awesome!!! I'm even more excited!! I hope I can get a room with a view like that. Thank you for sharing!

I'm on my phone right now, but my DH and stayed at the PPH in October 2011, and July 2012. I'll post some pics when I get home from work.

Hi Krispin41,

Your in-room celebrations look fabulous. I LOVED the personalized robes. What a keepsake!

Any other pictures that you have of your visits would be most appreciated.

Our young adult kids are getting excited but they haven't been since the year 2000. DCA was still under original construction then. We can't wait to see them deeply emersed in that Disney Magic. ;)

I'm looking forward to what will be posted on this thread. Me and my husband will be staying here in Oct and have a room with a view. First time EVER staying at a Disney hotel.:banana::banana: We'll only be staying for 2 nights due to cost then 7 nights at Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!:banana::hyper: We even went as far as converting our count down to christmas counter into a count down until Disneyland trip counter. :goodvibes:cool1:

We stayed there for a couple of nights last November during our Halloween trip. WE LOVED IT!!! (yes, I'm screaming that because it's true! :rotfl2:)

We had the concierge service which we really enjoyed and received a free upgrade upon check in! Beautiful suite. Here are some pictures. Please excuse the grainy look of some of them, they were taken from our iPad.

DisneylandVegasNovember2011721.jpg

DisneylandVegasNovember2011722.jpg

DisneylandVegasNovember2011728.jpg

Treats left on our pillows

DisneylandVegasNovember2011729.jpg

DisneylandVegasNovember2011730.jpg

Our rice krispie treats. I'm not sure if those are just for the concierge guests or not. Anyone know?

ParadisePier2.jpg

Bathroom

ParadisePier3.jpg

Bathroom. The suite actually had two.

ParadisePier4.jpg

ParadisePier5.jpg

ParadisePier6.jpg

Sitting area

ParadisePier1.jpg

ParadisePier7.jpg

ParadisePier8.jpg

ParadisePier9.jpg

Our view

It was a great hotel and well worth the price. I'd recommend anyone stay on-site if even for a few days if you can. It's totally worth it and the Disney magic truly does continue out of the park and into the hotel.

We loved it so much that we are staying for 8 nights in December during our Christmas vacation and are very excited!! :santa:

Thank you to all who have posted pictures. We are going in October and I too was disappointed not to see a Super Thread. Have a great time to people that are going sooner!

We will be checking in TOMORROW!!! I have nothing worthwhile to really add to the conversation right now, just that I am soooo excited!!!!! Lol.

We just stayed there last Thurdsay. Stayed only one night (we live in San Diego) but we loved it.

We had a premium view room, 1118. It was awesome to be able to see into CA and watch WOC from our room. I would post pics but they are pretty much identical to the ones posted a few posts up where it shows the room and WOC pics. The room layout was exactly the same.

A few tips:

After you check in you will have to drive your car around the corner to the self parking lot. You will want to leave your luggage with the bell desk befor you drive. The self parking lot does NOT have elevators! Not fun carrying luggage and kids and strollers down the stairs.

Next to the main restaraunt there is a little cafe that is open 24 hours, it has a microwave so if you have any leftovers from dinner you can come heat them up there the next day. We did that from our leftovers from dinner and didn't have to buy lunch :)

To get into DL or DCA, do NOT follow their signs how to get to the parks, if you do that you will have to walk all the way around the Disneyland Hotel and thru Downtown Disney. What you want to do is walk out the front of the hotel, cross the street and into GCH. Go thru the painted sliding glass doors. Then make your immediate left down a corridor. Follow that thru another set of sliding glass doors and then you will find the entry to Downtown Disney. Make a right into DD and follow to the gate check area just a few feet away and then enter into DL or DCA. If you are going into DCA and using the GCH entrance, just follow the signs for it once you enter the GCH.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you for the pics Styledsugar. Makes me more excited when I see pictures. Only 17 days to go!!

Thank you for posting your pictures Stylesugar. I feel like I'm 8 years old again when I look at actual Disney Park and room pictures. :)

Thank you for the information Kimmypie1. I have already copied your instructions for the most direct route into the Parks and I'll take it with us!

Like others have said, I hope this thread keeps going. There's too many people out there that have LOVED their past stays for it not to be as stocked full of pictures and stories of wonderful Disney Service like the other two hotels on property.

I know that no company meets expectations 100% of the time but boy, does Disney come close IMO.

Thank you again everyone. :)

Quick post with some pics, I have to get ready for work.

Our view from room 1408 (Yes, just like the movie, LOL, my hubby had a good laugh about that. )

IMAG1557.jpg

Night time view:

IMAG1539.jpg

I do have more night pics taken with my DSLR but these were on my phone. The other cool thing is at night (other than WOC, you can see the the light from the Carthay Circle tower!)

Our actual room looked very much like the pics of room 1418 that were posted earlier in this thread.

Hi Krispin41,

Your in-room celebrations look fabulous. I LOVED the personalized robes. What a keepsake!

Any other pictures that you have of your visits would be most appreciated.

Our young adult kids are getting excited but they haven't been since the year 2000. DCA was still under original construction then. We can't wait to see them deeply emersed in that Disney Magic. ;)

Thank-you so much!! That trip was amazing. I am glad I could make my DH's first trip super magical!

Thank you Smiley Face 2 for posting this link from Circusgirl.

Wow! You're right these pictures are awesome.

Also, I truly enjoyed reading about your family's recent trip. Your grandson is adorable and all your food pictures were so much fun.

We're down to 10 days before we arrive.

Question please. How do upgrades work? I'll read every now and then that someone got an upgrade but I wonder how that happens? I know that it's got to be based on the availability at the hotel but do guests have to ask or are hotel staff allowed to make executive decisions regarding giving them out? Do you think they take into account all of your past visits when making that decision?

Thanks again to you and to Circusgirl. :)

Thank you Smiley Face 2 for posting this link from Circusgirl.

Wow! You're right these pictures are awesome.

Also, I truly enjoyed reading about your family's recent trip. Your grandson is adorable and all your food pictures were so much fun.

We're down to 10 days before we arrive.

Question please. How do upgrades work? I'll read every now and then that someone got an upgrade but I wonder how that happens? I know that it's got to be based on the availability at the hotel but do guests have to ask or are hotel staff allowed to make executive decisions regarding giving them out? Do you think they take into account all of your past visits when making that decision?

Thanks again to you and to Circusgirl. :)

We were upgraded and really have no idea why we were chosen. When we checked in the CM just said we have upgraded you to a suite. We said "Great!" and left it at that. lol I'm sure you can ask for an upgrade and see what they say. I mean the worst they can say is no, right? We ask for upgrades all of the time in Vegas so why not Disneyland. :woohoo:

We'll be staying at the PPH in September for 2 weeks, in a concierge theme park view room - can't wait!

As for upgrades - not PPH but at GCH last trip - we had booked a standard room, we arrived about noon and after the long flight from Australia with no sleep we were dead tired - we asked if our room was ready straight away and first the CM said no - but then she had a look on the computer and found us a room available straight away. It turned out to have a view of the pool and DCA so it definitely wasn't a standard room - we were very lucky to be upgraded that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter