• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise Pier Sign Up on California Screamin'

prettyprincessbelle

<font color=green>I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yu
Just wanted to let everyone know the new Paradise Pier sign is up on California Screamin' over at DCA.

Here's a picture I snapped from the Hojo Anaheim Mattercam.

oneshotimage.jpg

I think it looks really really nice and it's exciting to see the changes start to really take place.

:goodvibes

Was that an earthquake? Oh just Walt rolling over in his grave.

It looks like the Pike and other 1920's style amusement parks like Coney Island.
I need chocolate and Taste Pilot's burgers and lots of tissues, this is not a good sign.:guilty: :upsidedow :grouphug:

Thanks for posting that picture!

I wonder if they're keeping the bottom part of the Mickey head or if that will eventually come down too. It almost looks like a gold EPCOT ball now.

I like it too. I think that gold that they left will look nice in the sunshine. I did get sad for a second, still miss those ears. But it looks nice and it'll fit with the new look of pp. I am excited to see it in person soon. :)

YAWN!!!!!!!!

It still seems a big waste of money too me and time that could have been spent on a REAL project. The switch up still seems silly.

I go with its fine, but not as cute as the ears.

Looking at it at night, the sign doesn't have any lights on it! :confused:

ETA: Nevermind! They added the lights to the sign tonight!

I thought they were going to completely remove the remainder of Mickey's head and make something new. It is too much of a reminder of what was there though.

Either way, I think it looks nice! :)

So far it looks like a big mistake to me. They could have left it all alone and just keep adding more quality rides in my opinion. Add Little Mermaid, Cars Land, some better restaurants, and maybe one more unique attraction. I like the idea of the Bellagio Water show. I also say leave the California letters alone and just redo the entrance after you walk in. I don't like the idea of a MGM/Hollywood Studios redo of the front entrance.

Anyway enough ranting. Bring back the Mickey head.

So far it looks like a big mistake to me. They could have left it all alone and just keep adding more quality riders in my opinion. Add Little Mermaid, Cars Land, some better restaurants, and maybe one more unique attraction. I like the idea of the Bellagio Water show. I also say leave the California letters alone and just redo the entrance after you walk in. I don't like the idea of a MGM/Hollywood Studios redo of the front entrance.

amen!

So far it looks like a big mistake to me. They could have left it all alone and just keep adding more quality rides in my opinion. Add Little Mermaid, Cars Land, some better restaurants, and maybe one more unique attraction. I like the idea of the Bellagio Water show. I also say leave the California letters alone and just redo the entrance after you walk in. I don't like the idea of a MGM/Hollywood Studios redo of the front entrance.

I completely agree!! I don't know if I will ever understand why they took to the time/effort/money to switch the two things that were perfectly fine where they were. But I guess that's why I'm not a Disney big shot.

I kind of like it (but then, I LIKE Coney Island! ;) ). I would've personally been fine if they'd left the Mickey head on, though, and at this point I'd rather they take the rest of the brown tiles off.

I am glad the Sun Wheel is getting a new face, though--I found the sun face slightly creepy :blush: . And I'm guessing that Disney thought that having two giant Mickey heads in sight of each other would be overkill. Plus I think the old Mickey on California Screamin' was rather modern-looking.

I'm glad that Disney is sparing little expense to fix up that part of the park, even if some of the projects aren't what some of us would do with the opportunity. I have some nighttime pictures from my trip and the place is so beautiful...I can hardly even imagine how gorgeous it will look when it's all rethemed and the water's back in the lagoon.

Here's a terrible Mattercam picture of the lights. Being maybe 6 hours away from the park it was the best I could do. ;)

PP.jpg

I don't have a problem with them taking the Mickey head away, since the Mickey head on the Sunwheel looks like it will be much nicer. I actually love that they are paying attention to the details and theming, while adding new rides also. So much of the problem with DCA was that stuff was thrown together haphazardly.

Also, if you believe Al Lutz, the letters are going because they are changing the name of the park.

Was that an earthquake? Oh just Walt rolling over in his grave.

It looks like the Pike and other 1920's style amusement parks like Coney Island.
I need chocolate and Taste Pilot's burgers and lots of tissues, this is not a good sign.:guilty: :upsidedow :grouphug:

Okay, I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh now whenever people talk about what Walt would have thought. Seriously, they are making DCA a better park now. Seems to me like he would be happy they are trying to fix DCA. But I am not going to claim to know what his opinion is since no one knows.

Remember, this is just one piece of the puzzle. There is still a lot of work left to do. In the end, the themeing will be so much better than it is now and not many people will remember the old DCA when they are wowed by the new style. Personally, I can't wait. :thumbsup2

I don't mind it as much as I thought I would.

Looks better than before the sign went up! Walking over the hill doohickey on my way to TSMM last weekend I heard a woman ask a CM why someone cut Mickey's ears off, LOL.

I bet the circle is some sort of sound-guard, and it, or something similar will have to remain or be put there.

Erm...... I dislike it aswell. It doesn't look like the "unique" Disney park they are trying to make. From my sources, they are taking down the reaminder of the Mickey head and placing a Paradice Peir logo in its place. Why, though, did they put up the sign before finishing the take down?

R.I.P. Mickeys Head :sad2: :guilty: :eek: :scared1: :sad1: :scared: :snooty: :confused: :confused3

While I like some parts of DCA I really dislike Paradise Pier. It just doesn't feel original. Now that they are making it more like a Victorian Boardwalk I'll probably like it less. Plus, with the exception of TSMM/Screamin' they got really lazy with the rides there. Even with the attempt to theme them, they are no better than those at a state fair or local amusement park.

Hopefully the new dark LM ride will be cool. Like I said, I love some parts of the park, so I'm not bashing DCA as a whole.

Remember, this is just one piece of the puzzle. There is still a lot of work left to do. In the end, the themeing will be so much better than it is now and not many people will remember the old DCA when they are wowed by the new style. Personally, I can't wait. :thumbsup2

ITA!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter