• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Elangen

Mouseketeer
We just got off the Wonder after a 5 night out of Miami. There were a few things we didnt have a lot of info on before we left, so I want to post a few "reviews" without a full on trip report.

We have a 4 and 7 year old and did Paradise Beach in Cozumel. We paid $20 for a taxi (each way). There were a few other ships in the harbor, but, we think Disney disembarked first because we leisurely got off the boat, hit starbucks for some internet, then caught a cab to the beach. But, we were still among the first people there. (We also beat the "excursion" shuttle).

They have a beautiful large pool. We picked some chairs by the pool (we picked shade, since we anticipated it would be hot later). The chairs are all numbered and it is $2/chair (which really is $2/person, since our family only took up two chairs) plus $10/person for food. We ordered 5-6 beers, some guacamole and a kids cheese pizza and hit the minimum no problem with food we would have ordered anyway. The bathrooms were nice, clean, and there were lockers too. Access to the beach and beach activities was easy, but other than a half hour or so in the ocean with my 7 year old, my kids just loved playing in the pool. We did not sign up for the extra $12 for ocean jumpers/slides, nor did we ever have any pressure to.

It definitely filled up by the afternoon, so we were glad we had our chairs "reserved". Since we spent most of our time in the pool, we could see our stuff so we didn't get a locker. The pool was busy, but not overwhelming. Long story short is we were VERY pleased with our trip, which totaled about $100 for the 4 of us.

Thanks Elangen! We plan on going there. We leave on the 19th out of Miami. Can you tell me a little more about embarkation and then getting off the ship? What time did you make it off the ship to get to plane? , we have 12 noon plane flight out of Fort Lauderdale! I appreciate your help. We are so looking forward to it

Thanks Elangen! We plan on going there. We leave on the 19th out of Miami. Can you tell me a little more about embarkation and then getting off the ship? What time did you make it off the ship to get to plane? , we have 12 noon plane flight out of Fort Lauderdale! I appreciate your help. We are so looking forward to it

Sure! I will post on the main page so I can go into more detail without threadjacking, but we were at the FLL airport by 10:15 am.

So glad to hear your report! :cool1: We're planning to go there on our Cozumel day on our May cruise.

Thanks for the info! We are going there in 3 weeks. It was helpful to know the price of the cab each way. Are we required to buy alcohol or is it just food? Oh, and was the beach warm enough to swim in?

Thanks for the info! We are going there in 3 weeks. It was helpful to know the price of the cab each way. Are we required to buy alcohol or is it just food? Oh, and was the beach warm enough to swim in?

No requirement for alcohol. Just happened to be what we bought ;)

The pool was heated. The ocean was "cool, but you get used to it". We were lucky to have a sunny day, and it was actually quite nice.

We went on the Disney cruise in feb 2011 and went to Paradise beach for the day, my kids LOVED it but you do def need to get there early...gets very busy at it gets towards 11am....we paid the 12 for the kids, me i just lounged in the sun;)

We are going in march again/ stop at Cozumel and this is what we are planning for the day again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter