Paradise Beach Cozumel

Baseball1999

Earning My Ears
Has anyone gone to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and what are your thoughts? We will be going in September and I think the kids would really enjoy the climbing wall and other toys but want to make sure it would be worth it since Disney does not have an Excursion to it we would be doing it on our own. Thank you

Haven't been there yet, but will be going in Oct. From trip reports and recommendations, it seems like a great beach. Shouldn't be as crowded as the "excursion" beaches, either. And the price is right!!

We went in August 2006 and had a blast. It was actually the best day of our cruise. GREAT service, good food, cheap beer, nice beach, fun water toys. We used the trampoline and took the Kayaks out. Tried the iceberg but was a tough climb. Had rafts and tubes and floated around a lot.

You'll read here and elsewhere about the beach being rocky. It is on one side (If I remember correctly it is on the far left). Just enter away from the rocks and you will have no problems. We went with (at the time) a 7 year old and a 2 year old and everyone had great fun.

Taxi was about $15 total each way. It was a very easy place to be "on your own" We will do it again this November unless we go to the Dolphin swim.

I give Paradise Beach two thumbs up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We went there on our own in May 2007. I was really uptight at first to not do "Disney" excursions, but it really was great.

We had a 9 and 4 year old with us and they really liked it.

It's clean. Great water. Loved the umbrella covered chairs and the chair-side service. The food was great. The prices were reasonable.

We did the jet skis and they were a blast. My dh got a henna tattoo done there. Another Dis'er did parasailing and reported that it was the best ever.

We plan to go there in October; however this time we do not plan on doing the iceberg or trampoline. We paid for the bracelet last time and my kids just aren't old enough or good enough swimmers to get to them.

Definitely a beautiful, well-maintained beach and business!

You can't really go wrong with Paradise Beach. The owner, Tom, is normally there all day and will make sure everyone is having a great time. The employees are friendly and SUPER helpful & courteous. The food is delicious. Warning: watch out for the Strawberry Daiquiri's...they're awesome ;)

Would this be a good place for adults traveling with no children?:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

YES!!! DH and I are going there in October (Hi Kari, Chris and I will see ya there :yay: )and we LOVE Paradise Beach!! We were there 1.5 years ago.
It was easy to get to, clean, fun and the food/drinks were fantastic. The bathrooms were very clean the the staff was friendly. The beach was great. They had a nice gift shop that had some cute things in it.
I think you will love Paradise Beach. Check out their website.

We went there 10/06 but I was less than impressed. The smell was really bad, it may have been they had a storm previous to us coming. My kids could care less about the trampoline or iceberg....I guess they don't like going underwater in saltwater. The sand there is very coarse and I kept stepping on huge hunks of coral. Those were the only issues though so if they wouldn't bother you then I'm sure you'll like it. Here are a few pics!

P1100069.jpg

P1100070.jpg

I know I have some of the actual beach I can post if you'd like to see it. They are on my desktop and I'm on my laptop at the moment,lol. If you want to see them let me know!

We had a blast there in 2006. We just got our own taxi each way. The kids played in the sand with shovels and buckets - I don't remember it being coarse. We did wear beach shoes though so maybe that is why the sand seemed fine. It was a beautiful place with pretty sand a the blue-ist water ever. I felt like I was looking at a postcard. We had a great waiter with a running tab. We went para sailing for a great price. We used the Kayaks. The trampoine is hard to get up to (as in lifting youself up). We had fun on it. The iceberg is hard to climb. All in all a good day. I didnt' want to leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter