Parades/Fireworks strategy question

sarahtar

Mouseketeer
Reading the various threads about parade stuff is giving me a lot of anxiety. I really want to see the parades - especially MSEP - but I have a serious Personal Space issue. The thought of people I don't know pushing up against me and shoving... argh.

I'm wondering -

a) for the afternoon parade, is Frontierland the best place to watch if we're looking for less of a crowd?

b) for MSEP at night, I *really* want my DD to see Tinkerbell fly overhead. If we watch the parade from Frontierland, is there any chance of making it back over to Main Street in time to see Tink? If not, is there a slightly less crowded spot to watch the parade where we can also see Tink and then the fireworks?

I'd *love* to just FP the parades, but we're going with Make a Wish and won't get our tickets until we arrive in Florida - the afternoon before our MK day. I'm just *guessing* we'll have a hard time getting FPs for the parades at that point.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Reading the various threads about parade stuff is giving me a lot of anxiety. I really want to see the parades - especially MSEP - but I have a serious Personal Space issue. The thought of people I don't know pushing up against me and shoving... argh.

I'm wondering -

a) for the afternoon parade, is Frontierland the best place to watch if we're looking for less of a crowd?

b) for MSEP at night, I *really* want my DD to see Tinkerbell fly overhead. If we watch the parade from Frontierland, is there any chance of making it back over to Main Street in time to see Tink? If not, is there a slightly less crowded spot to watch the parade where we can also see Tink and then the fireworks?

I'd *love* to just FP the parades, but we're going with Make a Wish and won't get our tickets until we arrive in Florida - the afternoon before our MK day. I'm just *guessing* we'll have a hard time getting FPs for the parades at that point.

Thoughts or suggestions?

a) Yes.

b) Tink flies during Wishes fireworks, not during MSEP. I think you can make it, depending on how much time is between the two events.

FPs are very hard to get for parades. I don't know if you might have another avenue to get a good viewing area through MAW, but I'd look into it.

b) Tink flies during Wishes fireworks, not during MSEP. I think you can make it, depending on how much time is between the two events.

yeah, I just don't have a good sense of how much time is between the two and even less of a sense of how long it might take us to get from point a to point b. MSEP 9:00, Wishes 10:00

yeah, I just don't have a good sense of how much time is between the two and even less of a sense of how long it might take us to get from point a to point b. MSEP 9:00, Wishes 10:00

With those scheduled times, it will be no trouble at all.

We watch Wishes from behind the castle, on the bridge next to 7DMT. You can't see the projections on the front of the castle, but you see all of the fireworks (as most of them go off from Belle's castle which is still behind you). You DO see Tinkerbell fly from the castle from this location.

When we were there in May there was almost no one on the bridge. Like, I probably had 10 feet of space around me, probably more. And you can make a quick trip over to frontierland from there to catch parade (or vice versa)

A look at the MK Parade Route-
Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade starts near the Firehouse and exits near Splash Mtn.
The New 3 O'Clock Parade (Festival of Fantasy) and both the MVMCP and MNSSHP parades start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

Less crowded than on Main Street, but still spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents,
or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.
(But, from there you won't be able to see the new "show" that is actually projected on the front of the Castle,
"Celebrate the Magic," which begins about 15 minutes before the fireworks.)

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes-Noodle_020311.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter