Parades and fireworks ....

stencill

Earning My Ears
Hey DIS community

I am sorry if this is the wrong way to do this but I am a newbie!

I have just booked my First family trip to Disney actually I have never been anywhere lol. I am going January 5th -11th 2014 I have 2 kids 11,14

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on any info tips on Fireworks at the parks. Where the best place to sit is when to go early, how they work anything. also with reservations

Also I have herd mixed rumours that there will be no parades at all at the parks. can someone shed any light on that.

Also how the parades work, where to be if you can reserve seating

I have no clue what I am doing to any of these things and am looking for as much tips and info as I can

Thank you everyone.

Hey there!

Congratulations for that upcoming trip! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Here are a few of my personnal tips for parades and fireworks :

1) For the parade, a good spot to look for is right next to Splash Mountain. Less crowded and a few food options in the area. Always a good thing to start looking for your sport at least 30 minutes before the parade starts.

2) For the fireworks, watching it in front of the castle is magical of course, but it will be very crowded! You can watch it from Frontierland. If you want to see the castle (being your first time, I recommend it), don't sit too close to the castle or you'll miss some of the fireworks. For us, we usually simply show up on Main Street USA a bit before the show starts.

3) Rumors on parades : there will be no daytime parade at Magic. You'll still get to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade at night! For the other parks, only time will tell for Animal Kingdom!

Normally about 1 hour after the start of the Main Street Electrical Parade (MSEP) is when the Wishes (fireworks) starts. The MSEP only runs certain days. According to WDW's website for January 6, the Main Street Electrical Parade is at 7:00 pm and Wishes is at 8 pm. (WDW MK January 6 Schedule)

Welcome to the dis, stencill.

Get ready to make many first time, lifetime memories for you and family. :cloud9:

Several nights there is no parade, but when running, it is at 7 PM, or 8 on Saturday, if you are still there. Wishes is at 8, 9 on Saturday.

So limited parade at MK, none at Epcot or the Studios. AK still had its, at 3:45.

I like Frontierland for MK's parade. Wishes, the area between Casey's and the Ice Cream Shop, or the Tomorrowland bridge. Illuminations at Epcot, most anywhere, as long as not downwind for smoke purposes. I like the area between Mexico and Norway.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S.../pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_jan.pdf

How long is the parade? So I gues it's one or the other

The parade is only about 20 minutes so you can easily do both. In fact, since Wishes is in the sky, for the most part you will see part of them from around MK.

Some people who want a good spot for both will get a spot on Main Street for the parade and then hang around there for Wishes. Others will find a spot for the parade in a less crowded area then move in to try and get a good spot for the fireworks.

Hey DIS community

I am sorry if this is the wrong way to do this but I am a newbie!

I have just booked my First family trip to Disney actually I have never been anywhere lol. I am going January 5th -11th 2014 I have 2 kids 11,14

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on any info tips on Fireworks at the parks. Where the best place to sit is when to go early, how they work anything. also with reservations

Also I have herd mixed rumours that there will be no parades at all at the parks. can someone shed any light on that.

Also how the parades work, where to be if you can reserve seating

I have no clue what I am doing to any of these things and am looking for as much tips and info as I can

Thank you everyone.

Here is Robo's map for the viewing areas for the fireworks. Best resource!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=7

Here is his map of the parade routes as well, so you can stake out a viewing spot!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=1

If you are awake on the morning of Jan 11 around 5:30AM, you might see the fireworks start the Half Marathon at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter