Parade Directions on a "Three-Parade" Day

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
This came up in another thread; a poster was asking which direction does Soundsatational go and another poster pointed out the difference between a one-parade day and two-parade day. That got me thinking about this upcoming summer when there will three parades per day: one Soundsational and two Paint the Nights. I've been guessing that Paint the Night would follow the typical two-parade schedule (first parade starts near IaSW and the second parade starts on Main Street). However, there is also a Soundsational earlier in the day. Will Soundsational follow the one-parade schedule (start on Main Street) or does having three parades in a day make the schedule do something different? I can't remember the routes back when they had three-parade days in the past, but do others recall the directions?

There will just be 3 parades? Only one showing of Soundsational and then two showings of Paint the Night? I guess Soundsational is old enough that one showing is okay. I guess we'll have to wait and see what directions the parades go on Saturday.

The one bummer of a new parade is no one really knows the best place to view. Obviously the parade can be viewed from Small World to Main Street, but with the fireworks afterwards that makes it seem like Main Street is ideal. I know the Small World façade will be used for projections, but probably not the air filled decorations and I don't know about the bubbles.

Having been backstage, there is NOT a lot of storage room on the main street end for the parades. Unlike DCA, where they can loop the parade floats backstage, at DL they are stuck at one end or the other. When they end at main street, they have to reset them to the parade building at the Small World end after the park closes.

With your parade schedule scenario, I would be wiling to bet the the fist parade starts at Main street then Paint the Night can head from ISW to Main Street then back for the second parade. Fitting two parades backstage at Main Street probably would not happen.

There will just be 3 parades?
The calendars for Saturday (5/23) and beyond are indicating that Soundsational will be presented at 4:30 pm and Paint the Night will be at 8:50 pm and 11:00 pm.

The one bummer of a new parade is no one really knows the best place to view. Obviously the parade can be viewed from Small World to Main Street, but with the fireworks afterwards that makes it seem like Main Street is ideal. I know the Small World façade will be used for projections, but probably not the air filled decorations and I don't know about the bubbles.
I know that they can make it snow on It's a Small World Mall, so I would assume that they could also do bubbles.

With your parade schedule scenario, I would be wiling to bet the the fist parade starts at Main street then Paint the Night can head from ISW to Main Street then back for the second parade. Fitting two parades backstage at Main Street probably would not happen.
That makes sense and was kind of what I was guessing would happen. So essentially, it's like a one-parade day for Soundsational and a two-parade day for Paint the Night. :goodvibes

This came up in another thread; a poster was asking which direction does Soundsatational go and another poster pointed out the difference between a one-parade day and two-parade day. That got me thinking about this upcoming summer when there will three parades per day: one Soundsational and two Paint the Nights. I've been guessing that Paint the Night would follow the typical two-parade schedule (first parade starts near IaSW and the second parade starts on Main Street). However, there is also a Soundsational earlier in the day. Will Soundsational follow the one-parade schedule (start on Main Street) or does having three parades in a day make the schedule do something different? I can't remember the routes back when they had three-parade days in the past, but do others recall the directions?

I thought the one-day schedule for Soundsational runs from IASM to Main Street? That's what most of my sources say. Or did they change it more recently...

Here's an update: I spoke to a CM online and she told me that for Soundsational, the usual practice when there's only 1 show is indeed to begin at IASW and end at Main Street. This should apply even when PTN runs. However, this can vary from day-to-day and the only way to know for sure is to find out from a CM on the day itself.

When PTN runs twice a night, there will be 1 in each direction, and the usual practice will be for the 1st show to begin at IASW as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter