Paperwork form Disney Travel

kylieh

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm thinking of paying the trip in full, just so it's done. We booked with Disney Travel directly for our accom, dining plan, tickets. I figure the dollar will be locked in.

After paying in full did any of you receive paperwork - welcomes, a confirmation letter, anything via mail??? Was it a long time coming??

i remember someone saying on here that they dont consider the booking to be final until a month or so before the actual date as you can ring up any time and change stuff

so i guess they wouldnt send out anything until closer to the date

i think i just got an email saying that i had paid

ill check when i get home from work

I have paid in full as well, and have not recieved anything yet. I hadn't planned on until closer to the date though. I did get a confirmation email when I paid and I have printed that out.

I am only going to really worry if they send stuff out closer to the date and it doesn't make it to Australia on time. I hope that if that happens I can just take the printed email with the confirmation number and that will be sufficient.

Your official paperwork (Mickey Mail) won't come through until about 2 - 5 weeks before your first date of arrival at Disney. I booked once via an American TA and Disney sent them the paperwork and they then forwarded it all to me.

I have also booked directly with Disney and they didn't send me anything. I did ask at the time of booking and was advised that Disney are happy to mail packages out to addresses in the US; but not internationally.

Disney just need the confirmation number; and you can go on-line and check out the status of your booking using that confirmation number (and print out any documentation that you might have inadvertently misplaced). For the trip that I booked direct, I printed out the on-line confirmation and in the end, all we needed to do was provide our name at check-in.

If you have purchased a package, there will be some other 'benefits'/coupons (e.g., mini golf etc) that come in a booklet. I can't remember what they were specifically, but we didn't end up using any of them. You might want to check out what they are and see if you will use them for your family or not. And then ring Disney to find out how they provide these to you without a welcome package/booklet.

princess::upsidedow

I am certain we didn't receive any paperwok that said we had paid in full. Was something that Aust and I were unhappy about, but at check-in, everything worked out just fine. At check-in, I provided a copy of our booking confirmation, they had all our other details in their system. There they also provided our vouchers for Fantasmic, an 'itinerary' for what we'd booked through them, as well as the items we'd ordered for direct delivery to the hotel (phones and rain gear).

Thanks everyone. I was hoping we'd get something. Thought it would be nice :-)

7 months and a little less to go :cool1:

In 2009 I didn't get any paperwork - just the emails. But last year I did get paperwork just before leaving and came home and found more waiting. There was nothing spectacular - just the hard copy of the email. You get the more interesting stuff at the resort when you check in.
They do not send luggage tags/ME tags to international addresses - but I did have an envelope waiting for me at check in both times with the commemorative luggage tags.

UPDATE: Coincidentally, the travel agent I am dealing with just said to me "Disney will send your paperwork 3 weeks before ...."

Back in 2007 we received the whole kit. Luggage tags, discount vouchers etc.
On this last trip I was expecting the same. I received the email with the booking confirmation and an invoice for deposit via email. When I paid in full two months prior I received an email with a updated account but that is all. I did contact them via email as I wanted to make sure paper work hadn't got lost and they then told me they no longer post to international addresses. You can always check that payments have been applied by logging into your online account. When you get to the resort everything will be waiting for you there.

ok upon paying in full you receive a reservation confirmation

it list the following items as being included in the magic your way package

boardwalk inn standard view room
wdw resort arcade card 100 points 1 per room
guided fishing excursion voucher 1 per room (wont be using it as i dont eat fish, let them swim :rotfl2:)
child activity centre offer 1 per room
miniature golf voucher 1 per room
resort refillable mug 1 per person
niki bryan spa offer voucher 1 per room ( i think ill pinch that one :lmao:)
planet hollywood souvenier voucher 1 per room (i think its a keyring)
planet hollywood 15 dollar meal voucher 1 per room (prolly wont need it as we are on the deluxe plan)
sammy duvall offer voucher 1 per room(no idea what that is)
deluxe plan meals 1 per person per day
2 snacks 1 per person per day
7 day magic your way park hopper fun

plus a bunch of other small writing which i havnt read :3dglasses

guided fishing excursion voucher 1 per room (wont be using it as i dont eat fish, let them swim :rotfl2:)
planet hollywood 15 dollar meal voucher 1 per room (prolly wont need it as we are on the deluxe plan)

I have paid in full as well on the MYWP and I never recieved this in my cofirmation email :confused3 Do you think I should call them just incase?

Aww I never got any Mickey Mail :( How great would that being seeing it in the mail!? :D But I booked mine through a travel agent who used Creative Holidays so I picked all my paperwork up from them. The only thing I got direct from disney was a confirmation email about the ME that I printed off.

I was so hoping to get something. Even an invoice that said paid. Ooh well, I'll stick with the electronic form. Just something about getting a positive letter.

I have paid in full as well on the MYWP and I never recieved this in my cofirmation email :confused3 Do you think I should call them just incase?

I never received anything other than the invoice saying I'd paid in full. Everything was there when I arrrived and there were no problems. I did however send an email to check and they got back to me pretty quick.

When did you pay in full ?

I'm pretty sure it took a few weeks for the email to come
Once all the funds had cleared I suppose

I've never had any problems with the disney record keeping and emails - always been accurate - even though I often change my bookings right up to the 46 day mark :lmao: (the point where they start charging you for changes).
When you check in they give you a big folder full of paperwork - maps, schedules, advertising brochures etc including that book of vouchers - frankly I've never used them - and everyone gets them automatically. it is part of the MYW package.
As I previously wrote, in 2010 I did get my booking invoice in the mail - posted by disney just before the travel date - but just an invoice - nothing else.

BTW: I'll highlight that some of these items listed here are because you have purchased the deluxe dining plan - namely: the refillable mug, plan meals, snacks per day and your park tickets are listed. These items are not part of the standard voucher set
Sammy Duvall is the operator of the water sports area in Bay Lake at the back of the Contemporary - they do the paragliding and boat rental. So it is probably a small discount on their hire cost

Just wanted to say we received mail from Disney for our cruise. Two things to be precise. First was a little DCL brochure and the second was a letter with our confirmed dinner and show times.

Usually when we check in, we get all of our Disney paperwork in an envelope.
It's all sealed and adressed to us, looks like what everyone else recieves in the mail, just they don't post it to me in Australia.

The envelope includes all the vouchers, arcade cards, confirmation letters and Disney baggage name tags. So everything is there waiting for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter