• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paper Tickets?

AthenaBolina

Mouseketeer
We're a military family and just purchased our 14 day unlimited tickets, but they're cardstock and require a signature on them. I was wondering if we can switch for plastic ? And if not, what do I do about my kids' signatures? (I'm only concerned about my 9 year old).

Also, should we visit guest services to activate them first before we go to the gate? Thanks!

I don't think they have plastic tickets. Don't worry about the tickets. Do you have lanyard pouches to keep them in? That'll keep them safe.

I think my son wrote his name on his AP, but they don't really care about signatures on kid's cards. If they want a signature and the 9 year old isn't doing that yet, sign for him/her.

We do have lanyards! I bought some awesome Harry Potter ones at hot topic! I was just surprised at the signature thing. Do they really check it every time?

We entered the park twice before someone noticed we hadn't signed our tickets. That guy made us sign them right then.

The TM takes your ticket and swipes it. They look at it when they do that.

A word of warning: We had the Hot Topic Harry Potter lanyards on our trip last week and they are not as waterproof as the ones from the park that have the ziploc plastic pouches. The Hot Topic ones had plastic pouches but were open at the top. Take care with your paper tickets/express passes/Photo Connect cards on the VERY WET water rides.

A word of warning: We had the Hot Topic Harry Potter lanyards on our trip last week and they are not as waterproof as the ones from the park that have the ziploc plastic pouches. The Hot Topic ones had plastic pouches but were open at the top. Take care with your paper tickets/express passes/Photo Connect cards on the VERY WET water rides.

I bought better pouches already just in case :-)

I bought better pouches already just in case :-)

On our last trip we had the 14 day tickets from UT and the Hogwarts Express 9-3/4 lanyards from Hot Topic and I bought pinch closure plastic ID-type card holders on E-bay. I forgot to have our 9yo sign her card and nobody said a word for our whole 9 day stay, just scanned them at the turnstiles.

Edit: I just noticed your question about activation. The tickets are activated on your first entrance, you don't have to go to guest services. After they are first activated, you have 14 days from that time. We never took our tickets out of the plastic pouch, just scanned them while in the pouch with the lanyards still around our necks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter